“Water had an odor with a rust color to it”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Cairns, Australia
“Water had an odor with a rust color to it”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was in room 102 ground floor facing the back side, very quiet location.

The staff were friendly and the price was only $50.00 dollars. Had all the amenities you would expect in a 2 star motel except a coffee machine. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, the wifi was strong, came with a free basic continental breakfast.

The only thing I could fault was the water had an odor with a rust color to it, probably from rusting pipes or the water here has a high mineral content, decided to brush my teeth with bottled water and skip the shower.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank curious24seven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After reading reviews, about this hotel, I almost didn't stay here. However, the price was so good, I took the chance. I am so glad we did. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. We had a very comfortable king size bed, a nice tv and refrigerator. There was a partition with a couch. The vanity was wide and easily accessed by two people. When I made the reservation I requested a ground floor room away from the highway and that is what we got. It was nice and quiet. The continental breakfast was just that-- a nice selection of pastries, cereal, milk, juice and coffee. I would definitely stay here again. Other hotels very close to this one were much more expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for room around inner courts
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia Heights, MN
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I needed to stay in Greenville for one night and initially checked out Harlow's and Greenville Inn & Suites but I did not want to pay their rates for just a good night's sleep. So I settled for the much more reasonably priced America's Best Value Inn, located on U.S. 82, and am glad I did. Everything I needed and more was provided. The bed was comfortable with clean somewhat new linens. The television, while an older model, had a good picture and came with a variety of basic cable channels. The room came with an iron, board, coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave, and refrigerator. The free internet access was excellent. The morning breakfast was basic but filling.

I only had two complaints and they were not enough to affect the rating. First, there were no tissues in the tissue dispenser. Also, I had a room (#201) that faced the highway. While not disturbingly loud, you can hear cars passing by. If that bothers you, I would request a room that faces inward towards the pool (which was not open on the April day that I was there). All things considered, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank twocars
Christopher
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

After a long travel day, it appeared to be decent. Plenty of large vehicle parking for just about everything from campers to semi trucks. The evening Attendant was a very nice lady. She issued me the towels for the room at the check-in desk.

The room was a typical low-budget room. (Thrown together quickly with paint and minimal attention to details). The carpet needed to be vacuumed by someone who cared about doing a better job. The shower tile was racked with mildew as was the trailing edge of the disgustingly filthy shower curtain. (Most hotels WASH their shower curtains BEFORE they get THIS BAD..)

The bed was, however, quite comfortable.... Once I got past the odor coming from the air conditioner unit for the room.

So... I guess, this one gets a POOR review... Except for the check-in Lady. She was pleasant and apologetic.

Will I stay again...??? ONLY IF THE OTHERS ARE BOOKED AND I REALLY HAVE TO.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank carbontravels
mineshp1382, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I have discussed the issues you had with our HK staff and have asked Maintenance to check out all the A/C units. Please give us another chance if you are ever in our area again.

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I'm confused as I read some of the previous positive reviews. I can only conclude that maybe I got a room that had not YET been remodeled. This hotel should be shut down now! They should not be allowed to continue operating under a chain name. The lobby is desserted, the hotel is in desperate need of remodeling, and there was pubic hairs in the towels. I'm from Greenville and this hotel is UNKEPT! You may as well continue down the road and find a sleezy hourly rate type of place for nightlife. Ammenities are a joke. Who would want to eat there after seeing the rooms? I wouldn't even call that continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Go somewhere cheaper. You will get the same value. They are Overpriced.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
mymorgan2008
Reviewed 26 November 2012

As a Greenville native, I have seen most of the hotels come and go. This hotel was the Ramada Inn for years. The new owners have made great improvements to the property since the rebranding. I have always used this hotel when family or clients come to town. I average twice a month booking a room there. The rates are always around $50 and the staff has always been very friendly. Yes, some rooms could use a little work but the owner is steady making improvements. I would rather stay somewhere that the people are friendly, the location is safe, and restaurants are close by. Shoney's is directly across the street. McDonalds is 1/4 of a mile down the street. A local BBQ place is next to K-Mart, which is also across the street. 1/2 a mile down the street is Huddle House and Kroger. The location is prime the rooms are usually very clean. Yes there may be some noise from the US Hwy 82 but just ask for a room away from the hwy. With the owner/managers on site, there should not be any problems that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mymorgan2008
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. if you are ever in our area again we welcome to see you again.
Winnemucca, Nevada
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We booked this hotel online because we were attending the Leland, MS Blues Festival. Got there around 1:00 pm and got checked in no problem. I had asked for 2 first floor rooms and we got those. The lobby area looks nice, and so does the front of the motel. Our room was on a corridor of rooms that surround and over look the pool. Which is a nice concept except in this case. The pool looked like it's been out of use for years and wasn't completely drained, so you had a layer of green moss and mold that looked really bad. They would do better to at least tarp it, or better yet, fill it in and make a nice patio area out there. The rooms were big, ours had a king size bed which was wonderful! You could tell it had been recently replaced. The sheets, bedding and pillows were great, nice and crisp. They had replaced the bathroom vanity with what looks like granite countertop. It had a coffee maker, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, nice tv, refrig and microwave. Can't complain there...
The bathroom is another story and the carpeting in the rooms...the bathroom ..the toilet seat appeared to have been around for 40 years..it was broken and their was no lid. The veneer skin on the door was peeling in big strips, vent fan didn't work..carpet throughout was frayed, definitely needs replacing..
They offer a continental breakfast, and that's exactly what it is. You can have toast (white) cereal, instant oatmeal, the basics. There appeared to be a bowl of fruit at the end of the counter, and I saw people going over to get an apple, but it was plastic.
The young man who checked us in was friendly, there was another older man who we saw a few times (assuming he's owner or something) not friendly at all, avoided all eye contact with us. We actually heard him berating one of the housekeepers when we first got there..very unprofessional.
Greenville seems to be a very depressed town, lots of fast food places but very few restaurants. Shoneys is across the street, but I would definitely AVOID that place for sure. You will see I have reviewed our horrible experience there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kenneth K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge Greenville
#1 of 2 in Lake Village
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Indianola

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!