“Pleasant and comfortable, well-located”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 3 September 2012

A two-night visit at this hotel was pleasant and comfortable. The accommodations are not fancy, but the efficient and courteous staff plus the full breakfast make this a good place to stay. There is a swimming pool. As other reviewers have said, it's close to one casino and easy driving distance from another. I would definitely consider booking a room here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolynE46

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed 3 nights. was placed in handicap room, which i didn't mind b/c it saved having to use any elevator. Shower was broken and literally about to fall out of the wall. This made entire bathroom floor soaked when using shower. Asked staff for more towels - They actually went into 3 vacant rooms before they could come up with ONE washrag, NO towels. The bathroom door is almost unusable, presumably from prior water running out of bathroom onto carpet (door drags on carpet so that no handicapped person could ever find strength to close it). I reserved the room online, only to be told "we have a record that you paid cash for the first night, so we need payment for tonight." (i did NOT pay cash, reserved online with credit card). I travel extensively with my job, and in 20 years of staying in hotels, i've never been so disappointed. Facility in poor repair and staff terribly unfriendly and inept.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I spent 2 nights here on business in the area. I had few choices in the area through corporate lodging and figured this Comfort Inn was the best bet. It was very average. The location is great, just across the street from 2 casinos (Jubilee & Lighthouse Pointe). There is a shuttle that goes back and forth from the casinos and hotel 24 hours a day. I used it once and it was fine. I had a rental car with me and felt secure the entire time. The rooms are ok, nothing special, but not a disaster like some people were writing. I asked for a room with a fridge and was accomodated. The bed was comfortable.

The cons: I killed 2 giant wasps/hornets my first night...not sure where they came from and didn't see anymore. The ac/heat units was very dirty and i did not turn it on for fear of dust/dirt going everywhere. The comforter had bright green gum on it...not sure how housekeeping missed it. I left a note and it was replaced. Soap from the previous guest was still on the soap holder in the tub. The breakfast was very plain with no eggs or bacon/sausage. The carpeting in the room looked as if it had just been deep cleaned and sanitized, so perhaps they are starting to take care of some needed action items. And yes, the water does have a brown tint due to the roots of cyprus trees in the water source. This is not due to the hotel and is something the entire city deals with.

Overall it was not a bad stay. Certainly not up to standards of a HIE or Hampton, where I normally stay. This hotel is just acceptable and provides the basics needed for a decent stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My visit at the Comfort Inn was most enjoyable. The staff was so polite and professional They serve a very nice continental breakfast. The coffee was superb...The location is very good within walking distance to two casino's,a very good cafe one block away. I would definitely stay at the Comfort Inn again. If clean and friendliness are important to you I recommend the Comfort Inn in Greenville.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susanwpgreenville_Ms
Reviewed 6 November 2010

29 October 2010: room 201 - spider webs and bugs around the window area, water damage in the ceiling; requested another room (209) much cleaner. Phone in brother's room (202) did not work.

Trash can full in vending area and trash in hallway was there when we checked in Friday; same trash was there when we checked out Saturday.

Years ago, hotel was very nice and clean, not anymore! I would not recommend anybody to stay there. It's rundown and in need of repairs.

The young lady that checked us in was very professional and very helpful. Maybe the owner(s) should go undercover and check on the hotels; he or she maybe in for some surprises.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Immediately upon entering the room a horrible odor hit me. The odor was so bad I went out and bought MY OWN can of lysol and sprayed the entire room and contents. Mold and rust is on the walls and door frames, and dead roaches on the floor. Finished my shower with 6" of dingy, soapy water in tub. Worse hotel I have ever stayed. If I you have a choice of a tent or this hotel choose the tent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the 4th of July weekend for a family reunion. The service we received was awful. We were lied to upon making reservations and nothing was true when we arrived. We had not fridge or microwave in our room as promised. We also didnt get our military discount even though we were standing behind someone else checking that received one. We were told they didnt honor discounts on holiday weekends. Our shower didnt work properly, the water in the pool was green, and the air conditioner barely blew. If you are looking for somewhere that cant give more towels, doesnt clean rooms daily, or has the most rude staff on earth.. this is your place. I would not stay here again if I was given a free room. Nothing was done to compensate us upon complaints. I had to call back after check out to get my pet refund which took a week to get. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge Greenville
Americas Best Value Inn- Indianola
Days Inn Lake Village
Days Inn Lake Village
#1 of 2 in Lake Village

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!