“COMFORT INN IN NEED OF CLEANING AND REPAIRS”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 6 November 2010

29 October 2010: room 201 - spider webs and bugs around the window area, water damage in the ceiling; requested another room (209) much cleaner. Phone in brother's room (202) did not work.

Trash can full in vending area and trash in hallway was there when we checked in Friday; same trash was there when we checked out Saturday.

Years ago, hotel was very nice and clean, not anymore! I would not recommend anybody to stay there. It's rundown and in need of repairs.

The young lady that checked us in was very professional and very helpful. Maybe the owner(s) should go undercover and check on the hotels; he or she maybe in for some surprises.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Immediately upon entering the room a horrible odor hit me. The odor was so bad I went out and bought MY OWN can of lysol and sprayed the entire room and contents. Mold and rust is on the walls and door frames, and dead roaches on the floor. Finished my shower with 6" of dingy, soapy water in tub. Worse hotel I have ever stayed. If I you have a choice of a tent or this hotel choose the tent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the 4th of July weekend for a family reunion. The service we received was awful. We were lied to upon making reservations and nothing was true when we arrived. We had not fridge or microwave in our room as promised. We also didnt get our military discount even though we were standing behind someone else checking that received one. We were told they didnt honor discounts on holiday weekends. Our shower didnt work properly, the water in the pool was green, and the air conditioner barely blew. If you are looking for somewhere that cant give more towels, doesnt clean rooms daily, or has the most rude staff on earth.. this is your place. I would not stay here again if I was given a free room. Nothing was done to compensate us upon complaints. I had to call back after check out to get my pet refund which took a week to get. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I encountered a very unpleasant experience during my stay at the Comfort Inn in Greenville, Ms. My room was not clean nor was it tidy. The front desk receptions along with the hotel manager were very unethical with no customer service skills. There were visible ants and spider webs on the floor and in the window seal. The manager declared that the visible ants and spider webs in my room were endurable and acceptable. I checked in this hotel under a supposedly group rate for our family during our family reunion. When I checked out, I was not given my discounted group rate. I was told by the front desk reception and the manager that discount group rates were only given to the individuals that encountered major problems with their rooms. My room had no refrigerator or microwave but the website claims all rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel has no exercise room, which is described as an amenity on the website. The water is dirty looking and the water in the pool looks awful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Seemed safe enough, bedding okay for sleeping, upkeep shabby, brown water, pleasant desk clerk....just think there MUST be something better in this town. Would not suggest anyone choose this one.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The room did not have a refrigerator, not microwave. The room was extremely cold, and with the heater on, it took from the time I arrived in the room, until 2 am before the room got warm. I was given two blankets to keep warm though..

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The whole experience from Reservations to check out was a disaster. Registration process was extremely difficult. Staff was nice, but not knowledgable. Would get inconsistant answers to questions. Billing rate was wrong when we checked out and had to wait hours for the manager before it could be corrected. We were checked into a room that had not been cleaned and then moved to another room. Housekeeping did not clean our room during our 3 nights there! Carpet was filthy! The rooms smelled musty and there was water damage in some parts. There was so much humidity from the water that the air conditioning could not really cool the rooms. When we checked out our entire suitcase smelled musty and even the clean clothes had to be rewashed. Will not EVER stay here again. I have stayed in other comfort inns that were fine, but this gave me a bad taste for the whole chain.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge Greenville
#5 of 5 in Indianola
Days Inn Lake Village
Days Inn Lake Village
#1 of 2 in Lake Village

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!