“Average Food but Unique Dining Booths !!”
Review of Lusco’s

Lusco’s
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Greenwood
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We found this place provides a unique and interesting dining experience with the private booths they are famous for.....perfect for a romantic nite or a private meal out....yet the food isn't anything to write home about - it's just okay (and we had the steaks). I'm surprised at the variations in the previous reviews...seems to be a love it or hate it type of place. The waitress was easy going and came only when called. And be careful about your timing....they close the kitchen like an hour before their "closing" time....Not rushing to go back, but for the right occasion it's an interesting choice!

2  Thank NYDiamond

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is my second time to visit Lusco's. It is excellent and I love the ambiance! Great for a girls night out. I had the fried shrimp this time. Very good. Their coctail sauce is good and spicy. I tried my friends pasta with red sauce and it was excellent as well. I love the fact that you can bring in your own wine. We will definatly come back!

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Lusco's is hands down the most nostalgic restraunt in Greenwood. The private booths set the tone the moment that you sit down. You know it's time to sit back with friends, have a stiff drink and enjoy the company of great friends.

The pompano is a longtime favorite of mine, but always remember to start your meal with a lusco's salad, onion rings and an order of the spivey broiled shrimp. Excellent.

Reviewed 25 December 2010

Heard about this place a few years back. We visited a short time ago. The service although friendly was sub par. It took forever to get our food and the filet my wife ordered was quite good my ribeye looked like just a gray slab of meat. The "charm" that is claimed seems to be only that the restaurant is in a slum area and the fact they have individual private booths for dining. Frankly my opinion of "charm" has nothing to do with eating at a place that requires an armed guard posted outside the door!. Be prepared to pay for each refill on drinks, except coffee (which happened to be very good surprisingly). All in all, it was a "unique" evening but, just a one night stand for us. We are in no hurry to return.

Reviewed 1 January 2010

We were driven by the complimentary taxi of the Alluvian Hotel, since we were staying there. Wish we had known that we should have (could have) brought our own liquor (as they don't sell any but beer). We took our safety into our hands by running across the street to the liquor store to buy a bottle (this is NOT a safe neighborhood at night).
Our food was absolutely amazing, and our bill was less than $50 for 2 people for a feast of shrimp and huge crab chunks.... and salads and soup for both. The booths were private, our table was for 2, in a kind of dressing room type of placement, behind a curtain. We had a doorbell to buzz if we needed our server, but she was amazing and we never needed to buzz for her. It was a neat set up because you had no idea how many people were in each little room... two or fifteen, it was all so intimate and private! Really a neat and yummy restaurant that I highly suggest for a casual atmosphere. This was NOT a place to "see and be seen", we didn't want that. This was exactly what we wanted... very private and casual and romantic :)