Our family booked a couple rooms two different weekends in June 2013, as we traveled through the area to and from the coast. We stayed here.because we needed a suite that had a door between the room and living room. This was the only one in the area.
The staff was friendly and the rates were comparable to suites we have had in other cities.
The rooms were clean. Nothing super fancy, but worked for a quality nights stay.
The free breakfast was mediocre, but so are most hotels and I didn't stay for the breakfast. I feel the room is the important thing at a hotel.
The big dissappointment was the so called free WiFi. The first weekend we stayed the internet was barely working. We called the 3rd party tech support and they rebooted the system. It worked for about 5 minutes then slowed to useless. There were 45-50 people on the wireless they said and there apparently was inadequate bandwidth or low end access points that couldn't handle the load.
The second weekend we stayed we couldn't even connect. The access points kept going up and down. Tech support had to call the front desk to restart the system. Never did come back up. The tech support was friendly and helpful, but that wasn't going to make it work.
In this day and age when everyone has a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, a hotel needs to invest in quality hardware and adequate bandwidth. If you need reliable internet, stay elsewhere.
AT&T did have LTE in the area and speeds were 3Mb up and down. Just hated eating up my data plan for something they should have provided.
Other than the internet, everything in the room was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether staying in GRENADA for business of pleasure, our close proximity to area attractions makes the COMFORT INN & SUITES your perfect stay. Book a room with us today!!! TOUR BUSSES ARE WELCOME!! Providing excellent, friendly service, affordable accommodations close to many points of interest, COMFORT INN & SUITES is a great place to stay during your next trip to Grenada, MS. This Grenada, MS hotel is conveniently located just minutes from the Business District and points of interest like our beautiful Downtown with historical homes leading to shops and restaurants on the square. Comfort Inn & Suites, Grenada, MS, features 76 spacious guest rooms and suites, newly decorated in today's decor. We are rated a 3 star property with AAA. Our comfortable and spacious rooms meet the needs of your business and leisure travelers. You will enjoy all the comforts of home with our luxurious beds, 37" LCD TVs, lounge chairs, large work desk, in-room coffee makers, Irons and boards, hairdryers, alarm/radio clocks, ceiling fans, refrigerators, and microwaves. While being a guest; they enjoy: o Complimentary Wireless throughout the hotel; some rooms are hard wired o Complimentary HOT continental breakfast with eggs, bacon, French toast o Complimentary newspapers o Leisure suites with separate bedroom; living room has a sofa bed o Whirlpool suites o Kitchenettes o On site fitness center o Indoor heated swimming pool o Business Center o On site guest laundry o Fresh coffee , hot chocolate, and cappuccino 24 hours o Fresh baked cookies We also can help you with a planning a meeting or a conference. We offer a large conference room (1175sq ft) for your convenience. We do not cater at the hotel, but do work with a caterer for your convenience. We will be glad to handle it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Grenada
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grenada Hotel Grenada
- Country Inn Grenada
- Grenada Country Inn