“Mostly good”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our experience here was mostly postitive. The room was clean, breakfast was good and the woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We only had 3 towels for 4 guests so I did go down to the front desk to request an additional towel. She was very pleasant and gave me 2 extra towels even though I had only requested the one. The next morning as we walked to breakfast every staff person we passed greeted us cheerfully. After breakfast we walked out to the pool to check it out. I'm not so sure I would swim in the pool, it didn't appear to be very well maintained. The pictures online we're deceiving. I was also a little nervous about the safety of the area. There was a sign in the parking lot letting guests know that management wasn't responsible for damage to or loss of property and the car parked next to mine had an anti-theft club on the steering wheel. There were plenty of other hotels in the area as well as restaurants so maybe that didn't mean anything? It just didn't leave me feeling terribly safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

It's not many choices in town and this hotel is better than some of the other in town. Each of the six rooms we had came with it own smell. One was so bad that my brother had to change rooms. Luckily mines smelled like peppermint and I am so glad it was some where else to eat breakfast beside the hotel. They will do better by not serving breakfast because it was the worst thing I have every seen. The customer service was 5 stars...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anthony T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Anthony T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Sonya the room cleaning lady refused to clean any of the 19 rooms we had due to something luke a bag being left on the bed. She left this generic note in each room. And didn't hang the tiles up and only left 1 large Towle for 2 adults. We had to walk down to get our own towels.

• Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the policies of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year and the quality of the rooms and breakfasts are always good; The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating and the rooms clean and nice. The breakfast is particularly good with a large assortment of pastries/breads/egg dishes/pancakes/beverages; their cinnamon rolls are really good, hot and moist; asked the staff if they did anything special with them as other HIE hotels cinnamon rolls are always dry; she said she keeps them covered and they don't serve if not fresh. Great value, especially when getting a room thru Priceline.

Room Tip: Have been on all floors and equally good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The first time I stayed here it was an emergency stop and it was excellent then. I recently stayed again on a planned visit as my daughter was graduating from a nearby college. The hotel was just as good if not better. It was clean, quiet and the staff was great. I will likley always choose this hotel when in the area as long as they keep it up.

Room Tip: Stayed in a king siute for a few dollars more. It was pretty good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Justbutterbean
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent one night at this relatively new motel. The room was large and clean , the bed was
very comfortable and provided a great nights rest. The hotel was good but the breakfast the
next morning was not up to par, the scrambled eggs were very cold and, when they brought
out more after I complained, 5they were cold also so I threw in the garbage. Good selection of
restaurants nearby for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear JimH_11,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your large clean room and comfortable bed. We apologize if some aspects of the complimentary breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here on May 10th, and had excellent service. Regarding the free breakfast, I was impressed with the quality of the juice. May seem strange, but most hotels seem to water it down. This hotel has it just right. Nice selection of food for breakfast. I told them I was traveling by motorcycle and they had a ground floor room ready for me when I arrived. They allowed me to park under the front canopy for the night. Easy access off I55 too. Great staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grenada
Hampton Inn & Suites Grenada
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Knights Inn Grenada
Knights Inn Grenada
#5 of 13 in Grenada

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada? Share your experiences!