“Horrible!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn-Grenada

Americas Best Value Inn-Grenada
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Miami, Florida
“Horrible!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

My wife's family book this hotel for us as their house in Grenada was full for the holidays. I was already worried about the reviews before we even got there. We arrived and the front desk person had an attitude, she then gave us our room cards. We walked to the hotel room to find out an old, dusty, musky smelling room that had the bathtub full of green mold with a large rust stain in the middle. Even my son said that the room was horrible. Went back to the front desk and asked for another room, the lady did not even apologized about it . she just gave us another room. Went to the next room and found that the paint was peeling off over the beds. That was it for me!

I called the Hilton Honors 1800 # and got us a room at the Hampton Inn!

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT GO to this hotel! Needs to be renovated!!

Room Tip: There are none! I guaranteed it!! STAY AWAY!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ramon-33126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bunkie, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The motel has a huge restaurant sign on the front of the motel. My wife was glad to see that since we had a log day of traveling and we didn't want to go out for dinner. After checking in on a Sunday night I'm told the restaurant is only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday. We had to go out for dinner after all. I did receive a great rate but it was all down hill after that. The motel room we had was out dated run down and had a bad smell and could use a coat of paint. The light between the two beds did not work because the receptical was not working. Bathroom had mold or mildew around tub. Bedspreads were soiled. Sheets and pillowcases were clean. I'm not one to complain but I did go outside and walk around and realized by the condition of the outside another room would most likely be more of the same. There were other issues that I don't care to get into. Overall this motel needs updating and is a no stay again for me at any price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike R

Travellers are raving about these Grenada hotels

Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Went to check in and after arriving to the room, we went back out and demanded a refund. The room was sooo gross. There were roaches, the water was running in the bathtub and was brown, we found a dirty mircowave, and trash behind the bed & dressers.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mk_hollis
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here on my bike because it was rainning very hard. Was $50 for the night and a 'free'
hot breakfast. Room is large and was as clean and new as you would expect for 50$. I had plastic coffee cups in the room, but no coffee maker. As I loaded the bike the next day the room next door came out with coffee!!! They have a coffee maker. When I asked about this checking out, I was told, "oh yea, some have broken and we haven't replaced them." So, do I get a refund? "No". When you check in they give you a breakfast menue with the options of pancakes, or 2 eggs, toast, grits, and a meat. I went for the eggs. Smallest 2 eggs I've ever seen. Fast service and friendly. I would stay here again, and make sure I have a coffee maker!

Room Tip: 1/4 mile from I-55, lots of food places with in 1/8 mile.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gerasim M
tuscaloosa,al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Staff is wonderful.... Hot brkfst is great.... Rooms are decent and clean. And Wi Fi is free... Only thing I wish that they would have is exercise room...but guess you can not have it all... I have stayed couple if times and will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank amike42
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I too had modest expectations, so was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the stay. The exterior doesn't look brilliant, but the room was comfortable enough for me, my wife and young daughter. Two comfortable beds, tv, microwave and fridge were all welcome, while wifi that actually worked in the rooms was a bonus.

The only downside of the room was that cars are parked very close to the doors, so when a neighbour decided to start up his truck it sent exhaust fumes under our door.

The staff were very friendly, and the lady serving breakfast looked after us very well, bringing milk for our daughter to drink. The breakfast was decent too.

This motel provided very good value for money, so I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RobWinmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

It's the people who really make a place like this. The rooms are average (meaning as normal as anywhere else) but we were expecting that. The checkin girl was lovely and had genuine interest in our travel. The waitress at breakfast was very kind too.

Nothing wrong with this place, but don't expect The Ritz.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Organs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grenada
Baymont Inn & Suites Grenada
Knights Inn Grenada
#5 of 13 in Grenada
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Grenada? Share your experiences!