“Fantastic view”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Decatur, Alabama
“Fantastic view”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I spent 6 months in tower 2 and it became just like home. Beautiful ocean view/ Close to many great restaurants. A wal-mart less than a 1/2 mile away. The unit I stayed in was well furnished and if anything needed to be looked at the maintenance were very quick to respond. They have great security and 2 fantastic swimming pools. I would recommend the Legacy to anyone. I have a week booked for the 4th of July week again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We recently visited my husbands grandparents who are renting a condo in tower one (1003?). The condo was very nicely decorated, high quality furniture, comfortable beds, nice bathroom facilities, and across from a great boardwalk/beach. The balcony looked out to the ocean and always had some nice sun shine. Would definitely recommend this condo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Only minutes to casinos in Biloxi. I stayed in tower 2 condo 407. Condo was very clean and had a great view of the gulf. It was plenty of space for the 7 of us. There are 2 indoor pools, hot tubs, and two out door pools. The kids loved it. We will be coming back to the Legacy Tower again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lgreen21
cckic00
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in unit 706. Did not go through a rental agency but directly through the owner, Bob Singleton. Paid a flat fee, with no cleaning/add on charges. It was a reasonable fee. The unit was very clean and just as described. The whole property is clean and nice. The only thing I wish were different was we were on the 7th floor, above the pool and there is a pretty little pond area with a fountain. I love listening to the waves crashing on the beach at night and you couldn't hear them over the spray of the fountain. They could use a walkway to the beach, as you have to cross a busy street....but that is the case at most places there. The sand is pretty. We didn't get in the water there. We instead took the boat ride out to Ship Island, which is GREAT and worth every dime you pay. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. We ate at Boomtown Casino, which is a MUST DO here. THE BEST food! Ate at WhiteCap, too. Don't recommend that one. Not terrible, but not the best either. We had a great 2 night getaway and we all (kids included) had a GREAT time. Legacy Towers is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't use rental agencies. Choose condos where you can go directly through the owners.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cckid00
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2013

First I'd like to say that Susan (reservation agent) was awesome. Very friendly and full of information.

The condo was beautiful. Nice tile on all of the floors except the bedrooms. The décor is updated and modern. The unit was spotless. The view from the balcony was fantastic. There is a lot of noise from the beach and busy road but not enough to be disturbing. The sliding glass doors are sound proof but there is also a screen if you want to let the wind in and keep the (nearly nonexistent) bugs out. I hardly met any staff members. The cleaning crew spoke almost no English. But we only spoke to them in passing. There is an indoor pool in Tower II as well as an outdoor pool. Tower I has an outdoor pool and indoor hot tub. The water there isn't that great but if you spend the $27 per adult (10+) and/or $17 per child (under 10) for the Ship Island tour, you will not be disappointed. There aren't a lot of things to do as a family within walking distance. But there is plenty within driving distance.

We came with a large group and rented four condos 2 in Tower I and 2 in Tower II. From all of the comments from our family, we probably had the nicest one. My only complaint is that there were no bathmats in the bathrooms. The tile is slippery. I almost fell getting out of the shower. We used the towels that were provided as mats and washed them everyday.

Room Tip: Go to the website and view pictures of the rooms. Call Susan she is very helpful and can give you m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StLouieVacayer
Erbendorf, Germany
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I had a great stay in Legacy Tower in unit 407. I'll start with the good things:
1. The tower was in a great location in proximity to the beach. You will have to cross a busy road but for us it wasn't a big deal. Casinos are about a 10 minute drive in either direction.
2. The unit was very clean.
3. All amenities were functional.
4. My family and I were visiting friends. When our friends came to visit, they were questioned by security guards but were quickly let in without a hassle.

Needs improvement...
1. I didn't feel that the staff was knowledgeable about simple procedures such as how to check in and out. To be specific, I asked someone on the cleaning team where to turn in keys and she didn't know.
2. The fountain was obnoxious and loud. It overwhelmed the sounds of the ocean and was apparently on whenever we were on the deck.

Bottom line- I would stay there again. There was plenty of room and the facility was very nice and had a lot to offer. I hope this helps!

Room Tip: Don't stay where the balcony will overlook the fountain. If available, the easternmost tower lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Master bed made horrific noises - two twin mattress torn and stained put together to make a king. Front desk solved the problem with a leaky air mattress!! Spent the weekend sleeping on the floor! Owners should absolutely be embarrassed to rent out a unit needing carpets cleaned, new couches and beds and kitchen totally restocked! Terribly disappointing :(

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tonhein40261

Travellers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
#6 of 28 in Gulfport
White House Hotel
White House Hotel
#2 of 47 in Biloxi

Been to Legacy Tower By Biloxi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!