“Good overnight stop near I-10”

Comfort Suites Gulfport
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Good overnight stop near I-10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stopped at the Gulfport Comfort Suites on both the westbound and eastbound legs of a recent trip from Florida to Arizona and back. The rooms were both comfortable and clean, the hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating, and the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. The hotel is situated just south of Interstate-10 on US Highway 49, which is an exceptionally busy road. My suggestion is that if you are just stopping for the night after a day of driving, pickup some food before you check in and settle in for the night. We picked up sandwiches at McAllister's Deli (15140 Creosole Road — first light south of I-10). Excellent!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gulfport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Everthing was clean and great. Greeting was very nice. I will be staying again. Good location from coast line. Good surrounding of food and shopping location. Quiet hotel no smell of smoke in non-smoking rooms. Thats was a plus for me for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Willie B
st. louis, mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

Chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor's ranking and the price. I grew up in the area and decided to stay half way between where my brother lives and my Dad's retirement home while we were in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. There is absolutely no view at this place, but it is close to lots of eateries and the interstate. The breakfast was standard continental, but perfect for us. The young man manning the desk the evening we checked in could have been a little bit more proactive in giving us information. We had to ask where our room was located and where to park. He just slid the room keys across the desk. He was also not clear about how to access wifi. We also did use the indoor pool one evening. It's very small, but was heated.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are a bit more quiet especially towards the rear of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zsc213
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Comfort Inn and Suites went above my expectations. For the price, I was really impressed by how modern and up-do-date the furnishings were, I expected to pay more. My mother in law stayed @ the Hollywood casino and her room was not as nice as ours, plus she had to pay for breakfast @ her hotel. I will definitely be keeping Comfort Inn and Suites- Gulfport as my hotel of choice the next time I stay. The gentleman @ the front desk was pleasant and the breakfast was more than just your regular complimentary breakfast. The beds were plush and like I said, I was really impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GAgirlinFL
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Easy to get to off I-10, near the outlets, on the way to the beach. Nice hotel. I compared to other prices online and it is a better value in my opinion than any on this road (which is quite a few). We joined the choice hotels rewards program after staying in another comfort suites and being very impressed and the program gave us an additional $20 off for booking in advance. I'm a fan.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jordan K
Port Allen, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

My hubby & I decided to take our infant daughter to see the beach. We only had time for an overnight trip, but decided to make the best of it. After a lot of online research I chose this hotel. I am so glad we did. The front desk staff was great, I called with a few questions before booking and they offered an early check in which helped us to make the most of our short trip. My lil one loved the indoor pool, mommy and daddy enjoyed the jacuzzi in our suite. The room had a few minor maintenance issues (furniture scratches, missing caulk, etc) or I would have ranked it higher. That said they were minor issues & the room was very clean. We skipped the breakfast to let our lil one spend more pool time & were allotted a lil extra check out time to give her more pool time. Amazing staff, great hotel. Highly recommend !!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to express any needs....a very accommodating staff.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Harrisonburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

This was our first stay at this property and it is what the good reviews have said about the property. Very new and extremely clean. Very helpful staff and in a good location off the interstate and on the main road into Gulfport. This is an excellent property.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family