“A Great Experience!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had the unfortunate luck of having car trouble while passing through Gulfport on New Year's eve. I went to the cheapest motel I could find on Hwy 49, Motel 6. It took me all of 2 minutes to realize I had made a mistake. I looked out of the window and saw ABVI next door. I picked up the phone and called them. Pete answered and it made what could have a horrible 4 day experience (that's how long it took to get the part for my car) into a very pleasant extended stay in Gulfport. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, there was free Wi-Fi, and a nice hot breakfast in the morning. Pete (the owner) was extremely hospitable. He went out of his way to ensure that I had everything I needed. If I ever have to occasion to stay in Gulfport again, Americas Best Value Inn will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank B B
ABVIStaff, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mr B B,
Thank you for your wonderful Review. We are glad that we were able to provide a clean comfortable stay and your experience was great, we strive to provide nice clean rooms, an appetizing hot breakfast, free WIFI at a moderate price.
We hope to see you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Mr. Woodcock was very helpfull..made me feel at home. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks. The room was clean everything worked as should. Location was great. Place was quite great value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank C3916TUdavid_p
ABVIStaff, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for your Review! We are glad you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and were taken care of by our friendly staff. our Goal is make all of our guest feel at home and are delighted we were able to accomplish it.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

They're new management, very polite and accommodating to your needs. Even the bed was comfortable to me (I have back and neck problems) and a nice room in which I couldn't find any problems with of any kind. Pleasing to the eyes in every way. I had all I needed right down to the iron and board. Great breakfast too. I travel to Gulfport often and have NO PLANS to EVER stay anywhere else but here when I will be laying over weekends.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark B
PETE P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us.We appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The location was right by the Prime Outlet mall. The Front Desk Personnel was very friendly and very helpful and was happy to assist in my request for a ground floor room. The Rooms were very clean and the breakfast was delicious and was a Full Hot Breakfast. I will be staying at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly R

We appreciate your kind words regarding your stay. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate your needs. We are glad that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I want to note that this location has brand new owners and they are top notch. I recommend you disregard previous posts, as the new proprietors totally have their act together. Our experience was amazing - lovely room, very clean, totally pet friendly, very fair price, and an unfailingly courteous and professional staff. Whatever we wanted they took care of. When the Internet went down briefly I stopped in the lobby to ask about it. The new owner explained the problem and made sure it was fixed promptly. He even followed-up to make sure it was working for us. Because we have a dog and a limited budget, we were planning on staying at one of the budget motels, but on a whim we stopped here, and we're so glad we did. We planned to stay a week but we liked it so much we stayed an extra two days!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne F

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay, we appreciate the time you took out to provide feedback. I am so glad we were able to meet your needs during you stay with us. Please come back and visit us in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The front desk person was quite nice and pleasant. The lobby area was standard issue and was pretty plain. I asked for a pet friendly room and was told that only 2nd floor rooms are pet friendly...I never heard of this before?! The room was decent and the swipe-less key card was a neat feature that I haven't seen in nicer motel/hotels. The TV is of an older design (not flat panel) and the real kicker was that there were no bath towels on the rack in the bathroom. There was one tiny little hand towel. I asked for a towel at the front desk and was given one immediately.

This is purely a place just to sleep and shower.

I asked the front desk individual if they had a room closest to a stairwell due to my many bags to unload and reload. My request was accommodated and I was very appreciative of that.

Room Tip: I had room 218 so it was on the top floor and close to the central hall stairwell. The ice machine...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
PETE P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear FryGuyKen,
We truly appreciate your review and feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We just recently took over the operations at this hotel and are under NEW MANAGEMENT and we are working diligently to rectify any operational issue that we inherited.
Thank you for your comments on our friendly staff, they do strive to make all guests feel comfortable and do go the extra mile.
We do apologize for not meeting or exceeding your accommodating needs that you are accustomed to. We are a PET Friendly hotel and we do have rooms on the first floor, but unfortunately or fortunately all our PET FRIENDLY rooms on the first floor were occupied. We have retrained our housekeepers to eliminate any amenity issues that you encountered.
Many of our rooms do have Flat Panel TV’s and are currently we are currently working on replacing the remaining rooms.
We do hope that you did enjoy our complimentary HOT BREAKFAST and the many other amenities that we do offer at our hotel
Please contact us on any of your future bookings and we will be happy to make sure that you are given a royal treatment with our nice and pleasant staff. See you soon!!

Your friendly Staff at the Americas Best Value Inn, Gulfport, MS

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was supposed to be in the hotel next to Americas Best Value Inn, but the lady at the front desk was rude and I couldn't put up with that so I decided to check Americas Best Value Inn. Wow! what a difference! The gentleman at front desk (Mitch) was so friendly, funny, and very personable. I asked if I could see the room and he had no objection. As I walked up the steps to go check the room I decided the gentleman was too nice and no matter how the room looked like I would stay. But the room was great. Beautiful carpet I had never seen before, and the wall painting had a design I really liked. The room was clean with king size bed, clean sheets (no stains) and clean towels with no stains. I loved it. When I went to front desk to pay for one night, the manager (Pete) offered me a hot beverage. I was so cold and that alone made my night.

I was supposed to go to another hotel but when I woke up the next morning, I decided those people were too good to me so professional and so caring for their customers that I decided to stay the second night. The manager and his wife are great, the lady who served HOT BREAKFAST was great and attentive to the guests, and the food was great. I am a member of choice hotels and I usually stay at their hotels for points but as of now Americas Best Value Inn will be my home when I am in Gulfport MS. I will never stay elsewhere. They earned my business. I RECOMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ALL. IT IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT AND NICELY RENOVATED AND YOU OUGHT TO CHECK IT OUT. The carpet in the room I stayed in is worth checking it out. And I got an idea of how to paint my house from those guys. AND THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so happy our staff was accommodating and that we were able to meet your needs. I hope to see you soon, come back to visit!