Island View Casino Resort
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$122
US$98
Best Western Seaway Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$71
US$172
US$115
Priceline
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$111
Clarion Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelocity
US$65
Priceline
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$110
Comfort Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$80
Priceline
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hotels.com
All reviewsplayers clubisland view casinotable gamesslot machinesbeach sidecrab legsbeignetsgreat compssteamersrooms are greatnew orleanscoffee makerwincoastgulfcarterdealers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I work out of Gulfport in the summer and Island View is close to home. I usually enjoy playing craps. Island View has taken all the fun out of a table game that should be fun. The dealers, "not all" are rude and condescending to the guest spending money. I have been yelled at many times for things I did not even do or other dealers would not care. The dealer actually cussed at me and said "what the hell". I have spent over three thousand dollars at this casino and get treated like they are doing me a favor. One night I asked for a food comp at the 24 hour resteraunt and the table boss told me, I think they are closed... Seriously, I had to beg for a comp after giving them 500 dollars at the crapa table. I had just watched a lady play for thirty minutes and ask for a meal comp and she had no problem getting it. If you are coming down to Gulfport take your money to Biloxi where you can be assured friendly staff and service.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Njanear
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Please accept my apologies for the way you were treated during your recent visit to our casino. What you have described is not what we expect from our employees, and I regret the impression this has left on you as a customer.

Please be assured that I have shared your comments to our casino management team so proper steps can be taken to prevent this from occurring again.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Disappointed in room prices and employees. All employees but one had attitude at players card desk and within the casino floor. Not only were they rude, they appeared annoyed to our asking a question. One from the players card services rudely heard my question and just turned and left. She came back by me and didn't even offer to assist. Then the persons handling the slot tournament were rude and complained rudely at us for entering the supposed area without being at the right entrance. There were roped off areas and one open area we walked through the open area and were rudely jumped on for entering the wrong way. One would think that this was the entrance as it is the front of the area and was not roped off. Maybe it should be closed off too and a host or other signage indicate the entrance. The girl announcing the rules could not be understood clearly and we had to ask her several times what she said and she really appeared annoyed. Then yelled at to raise our hands to record our play. Overall, this experience was disappointing. Resort could benefit training staff in courtesy towards guest. If we are going to visit your property and you take our money with little to no play action, atleast the staff could be pleasant. Our personal visit was very disappointing and don't know that we will be back when there are better options available.

Room Tip: try to find a discount. Room prices higher than many other casinos and not as much to do at this end of the coast. Rooms were nice but not worth 2 to 3 times as much as many others.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HabaneraHoney
Jeff T, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Please be assured we realize the impression these encounters leave on our customers, and we regret when we fail to meet the expectation you have come to expect from us.

I have forwarded your correspondence to the appropriate managers for their review in an effort that proper steps are taken to prevent such infractions in customer service in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

we always stay here when in gulfport. This casino hotel is a few miles away from the other casinos and are better in comps in our opinion. The customer service is always the best. I once had a mistake on my bill and they cleared it up right away, the accountant called me at my home to make sure it was cleared. Wow what excellant service. C&G grill is our favorite place to dine. The waiters are very classy. The rooms are clean. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: never had a problem with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antna53

Thank you for complementing our staff during your recent visit to the Island View Casino. We work hard to provide our customers an exceptional experience and we truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our facility. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

We love staying at Island View! The rooms are nice and spacious, and always very clean. The beds are so comfortable, and there is even a mini refrigerator in the room. The saltwater pool is nice and well kept. We come about once a month to this wonderful casino, the comps are the best on the gulf coast! Thank you, Island View!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank FoodieLuv
Reviewed 10 May 2012

THANK YOU-THANK YOU! Thank you, Island View for Making our birthday vacationS special! Six of us girls flew from Wilmington, N.C. to celebrate our birthday month recently! Rich Lyons, my casino host took care of our reservations and comps!He made the new girls feel very welcomed! The staff were fantastic and the band was great for dancing! We even took a tour to New Orleans.They picked us up at the IV and we spent the day shopping and picture taking! Thanks Miss DeJosne' and Shanea at the front desk.

All of us had a fab time staying up late and trying exotic drinks!The girls loved the bar-tenders and their jokes! We are already planning our next trip and bringing more gals! Two of us won big jackpots,one fell in love,one broke even; while two went away pouting! Thats the way it is! It's a casino folks! I can't help but to respond to the few unsavory reviews on here. I can assure you they are the very people who DO NOT know how to gamble with common sense! They play hard, lose it all and get pissed off; taking it out on everyone and thing around them! Some gotta win-- some gotta lose! We've all seen the sore losers in casinos before! Their rants and attitudes may end up on "You-Tube" some day!Everyone has a camera on their cell phones these days! lol.

Heck, I don't win all the time at the IV, but I still have a relaxing, fun-filled time! Grow up People!

The comment about poor staffing and big turnover is a big lie! Truth being if you're a jerk, I'd avoid getting you a beer also! I've seen the same great waitresses, bar tenders and staff there going on four years now!!I have never had a problem with the service! They keep "good" employee's at the IV. (Lee, Chad, Brian, Joey, Joel, Matt, Robbie, Stu, Rusty,Chris,James,Tasha, Val,Niny,Barbie,Rosie,Jennifer,Lindsey,Perla,Paul,....and the list goes on.

I do have one small complaint! The new pool area is not a babysitting-drop off area!! We watched three(3) women bring down seven (7) kids total to the pool area! One lady drank, slept, sunbathed as the kids ran around. After talking to her, we learned ten of them were piled into the same room. We were just happy they were three floors below us! (Suggestion) Vegas has a rule that each child must pin an ID card to their bathing suits. This card has a bar code which tells what room-parents name- etc on it. This protects everyone on many levels, enforces parental responsibility and is issued at check in!

I can't wait to get back to the IV and enjoy some crab legs, slot games, video poker,good music, play till the wee hours and sleep in! :- )

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends