Island View Casino Resort
US$122
US$98
GardenInn.com
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$100
Best Western Seaway Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$71
US$172
US$115
Clarion Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$69
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$65
Priceline
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$110
Comfort Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$80
Priceline
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
US$120
All reviewsplayers clubisland view casinotable gamesslot machinesbeach sidecrab legsbeignetsgreat compssteamersrooms are greatnew orleanscoffee makerwincoastgulfcarterdealers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

In the past year, I've stayed at the hotel two or three times. Nothing special. If you don't like the combined smells of mustiness and smoke in the hallway, then this may not be the place for you. Guest services? I guess if you spend tons of money you may get some sort of service.

As for the casino, stay away. You can easily put $400 in their slots and never see a bonus round. Their free play should be called JOKE PLAY. It took me all of 6 minutes to lose $300 recently - on a penny machine, mind you. I understand the casino having the advantage but this place is ridiculous. Most players I talk to say machines are even tighter when they give away the stupid trucks and cars. Personally, I'd rather see 30 people win $1000 than one person win a truck.

Folks, it's America. We all have different tastes and opinions. Stay where you want. Eat where you want. But trust me, GAMBLE ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed: July 2012
16  Thank spaghettinmeatballs
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had my first experience at the Island View Casino Resort about a year ago. I played there twice last year and stayed over once. I was lured in the second visit by a nice letter from a casino host Ms. N TIsdale. Ms. Tisdale was very accomodating and went above and beyond to make my 1st stay there remarkable. The buck stops there.

The subsequent visit this year was total opposite of my original experience. I tried reaching Ms. Tisdale for about a week before ever getting a response. Finally I had to contact another memeber of the VIP to finally get booked. My arrival to the hotel was less than pleasing. Upon entry I was engrossed in the heavy cigarette smoke. The lobby was crowded and other guest were having difficulty with check-in (it happens). Prior to arriving at the hotel I finally smoke with Ms. Tisdale who agreed that she would comp my meals on this trip up to $150. When I checked in there was nothing in the notes to indicate this (or so I was informed) and I was then sent over to VIP. Once in VIP I was told that there was nothing in the notes regarding a comp for meals and I would need to wait and speak with Ms. Tisdale. I was then told that in order to charge anything to my room since there was nothing indicating comped meals, I would need to put a credit card on file. I was also told that nothing would be billed to the card unless I actually had incidentals. I would need to wait until Ms. Tisdale arrived at work regarding the comp. I asked again another agent at the front desk to confirm that nothing would be billed to my card. I was assured emphatically that nothing would be billed to my card. I continued to register. By the time I made it upstairs, I had a text alert of a pending charge on my card. I checked my card and sure enough there is a $100 hold pending from Island View. I immediately contact the front desk and I'm told that after I checked in and asked the questios they went into the reservation again and saw where Ms. Tisdale had comped the meals. I was advised that my credit card would be released immediately.
I observed the room I was assigned to discover that the condition was nowhere near my first experience just a year ago. The room was very worn. The curtains were not completely attched to the pull rod, the toilet had stains, the ironing board was broken and NOT usable. The coffee maker did not work. The WIFI was the worst Ive ever encountered in a hotel. I had to use my own internet connection. It never got better.
The casino is soooo jammed packed with slot machines and is not at all appealing in the area of table games. I was so diasappointed by the second day that we drove to New Orleans and Biloxi on day to just to enjoy the casinos. I returned back to Island View and played a little but the experience was nothing I'd ever recommend.
By Sunday morning we had had enough. We waited about 45 minutes for our luggage. After the bellman loaded my car we left and drove home only to discover that the bellman failed to bring out all of our bags. I never got out and monitored him because I was told that the bags would all be stored together until I was ready for them.
I immediately call the hotel when I discover this. The manager on duty for valet expressed to me that they had discovered the bag and will mail it out to me. What a drab...My clothes, cosmetics, ipad and other items, stuck in Gulfport Ms. WOW!
This was a terrible situation and I would rather stop off in Biloxi or drive on to New Orleans than to visit this place again.
And for the record, the 2 stars are for the restaraunts as the food was pretty good!
I pray I receive my bags soon!!!!!

Signed,
Bamboozled

PS i failed to mention the $1 blackjack...and the .25 you play the house each time you play a hand on that table. Not to mention even if you push.....you still pay the .25...WHERE DO THEY DO THAT AT!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank NIKKIJONZ
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Ever since the new owners bought this place from Harrah's after Katrina, this little jewel of a hotel has been privately held by locals and prided itself on the finest attention to detail. Great rooms, great food and the nicest staff you could ever find in a hotel.

That is no longer true.

The deterioration of their standards took place gradually over the last few years, but now it's apparent: the Island View is going to seed.

Furniture in the rooms is showing its age. The beds are getting lumpy and the sheets are rough, scratchy and threadbare. On our recent stay the sink in the bathroom had a huge crack in it, the grout in the tile was filthy and the walls are banged up. Lighting is insufficient and the A/C was barely working.

Now that they've added a small pool, people are entering the elevators dripping wet so there's always big puddles in every elevator. There's no one patrolling this problem so there's people slipping and sliding---a major accident waiting to happen.

The buffet at the Island View used to be the envy of the Gulf Coast---not anymore. Overcooked food and limited selections are standard now and the crab legs at dinner are dried up and tasteless.

Forget the casino. There's a huge selection of slot machines, but they're too tight to allow much play. Previously, it was actually fun to play there---but not anymore. The profit-taking has turned casino play into a painful experience.

There's not much focus on security any more---people running up and down the halls screaming all hours of the day and night make your stay less than comfortable.

We're sorry to see this stunning downturn at what was once a top-notch hotel where guest satisfaction ruled the day, but sadly, the Island View is turning into a dump and we hope that the owners wake up and turn things around before they lose any more business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 4starexpert
Jeff T, Manager at Island View Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

I appreciate your candor in your recent Trip Advisor Review of the Island View Casino Resort. We do work hard to provide our guest’s a quality experience and regret when we fail to meet what you have come to expect from our facility, please know I know that I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate management teams so they may address your comments with their staff in an effort to improve the impression we leave on future customers.

Jeff Thomas

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of days here, Had a" completely satisfied" experience here.The staff is second to none. The room was very clean, very comfortable bed.We both had a wonderful time. The meals that we had was very good, the wife said it was too much food! They have lots of games, just a "COMPLETELY SATISFIED" time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The one last thing the Island View had going for them was their View Bar with live entertainment every night, I saw tonight they will be closing that. The buffet where do I begin well lets put it this way I have comps at the Island View and I will gladly drive to Biloxi and spend 27.00 bucks at any other casino before I eat at their buffett again and I'm from Gulfport. I can't get my kids to eat there anymore.... Rick Carter your casino DOESN'T pay and your food is the WORST on the coast!!!!!!! Wish we had our Grand Casino in Gulfport back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Mandy B

We have closed our View Bar for renovation to be able to provide our customers with a larger entertainment venue, by doing this we will be able to expand the variety of live entertainment that we are able to provide. Fortunately this project is moving ahead of pace and is projected to open near the holiday season.

We have recently completed a renovation in our Carter Green Steak House to include the new Sunset Bar and new feature does have live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights for your enjoyment.

Please know that I will be sharing your comments with the food and beverage management team so they may address your comments with their staff in an effort to improve the impression we leave on future customers.

We do appreciate your candor in your review of the Island View Casino Resort and feel that no one is in a better position to provide feedback on how we are doing than our customers.

Jeff Thomas