“Comfy Spot For Fun and Games”

and 1 more site!
Island View Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Comfy Spot For Fun and Games”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have stayed at Island View quite a few times over the last several years and have yet to be disappointed. Rooms are clean, beds are great, on-site restaurants can answer any taste and the comps are generous for the play you put in. This place serves as our base as we make the rounds of the sites and casinos in the area. Just about 15 minutes from Biloxi and 30 minutes from Bay-Saint-Louis. In season the outdoor pool has been a nice addition. We just never make it out there.

Room Tip: Just ask for the type room you want and they will be more than willing to make it happen. North side...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim-Vicki D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We decided to stay at Island View this year since we were attending an event in Biloxi. We had eaten at the buffet and enjoyed the casino last April 2012. I remember the buffet being really good. We paid $47 for two adults. We did arrive kind of late, so we ended up eating around 8:30. The shrimp were not as big as we remembered (but that could have been a memory thing), and they were mushy. I'm not a picky eater, but I didn't find a lot that I wanted, and I hadn't eaten all day. I ended up filling several sample plates, but never really particularly enjoyed one item. The Italian food all tasted like it had been dumped from a can or heated from frozen. The ice cream bar was pretty nice though. Some of the Asian food was good. The salad bar was lacking, and it was oddly placed on the same bar as the desserts---which was also the same place where the gumbo and maybe some other soup was located.
The room was also disappointing. We had reserved a king bed, but I guess since we were late getting in we got a room with two "queens." They looked more like double beds to me. The hallway smelled awful, and we were in a nonsmoking section. The TV kept turning to black and white, and someone down the hall said her TV never worked the whole time. The housekeeping staff were the nicest people there, but the windows were dirty. Everything else was pretty clean. Oh! The gaps under the doors leading to an adjoining room or out to the hallway are weirdly large--I was uncomfortable with how large they are. Also, there was no chair in the room besides a straight back chair. There were also very few plug ins, so I had to plug my laptop in way across the room from the bed, and the room was very dark with no overhead light and only two lamps. Pillow top mattresses? I don't think so. And the pillows were oddly small. I've never seen anything like it.
The casino was dead. We hadn't been there in a year, and we got $0 freeplay---none. That was disappointing. We barely got any bonuses, much less any wins, and we were playing maximum bets on several different machines. I eventually gave up and just watched movies in the room. My husband played some more on his own. He bets bigger than I do, and this was the first time he has ever lost money in a casino. He did have an enjoyable experience with a lonely Mississippi Stud dealer who was willing to show him how to play. He played MS Stud for about an hour, pretty much broke even, and came back to the room. We are prepared to lose when we gamble, and we have a set amount we are willing to lose. But we were really disappointed with the amount of play each machine offered. We have done much better at Silver Star in Philadelphia.
I tossed my Island View card, and I won't be staying there again. I should have paid attention to the reviews.

Room Tip: The hallway on the third floor smells like a boys' locker room. Bring a clothespin for your nose...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Shannon M
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Wonderful experience. Very clean rooms and smelled fresh. Friendly customer service when needing something from house cleaning, gift shop or dining hall. great food and had an awesome time!!! Would go back in the near future.

Room Tip: Smoke free
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hannah0209
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from the Gulfport/Biloxi area and this was the BEST buffet around. Not only was it affordable $9.99 for breakfast and a little more for lunch, but it was the freshest, home made, high quality food around as far as buffet's go. The casino was fun, mostly slots, a little on the older side and some table games. I did not stay at the hotel, but I would consider it for our next visit since the food was so good and the service here was great. I really loved this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelReviewsByAlisa
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to this Casino twice while in Biloxi. What a fun place. They have great comps and rewards for signing up to their players club. The building is nice and easy to find. parking is abundant. did not stay but would consider next time as it is located close to the Outlet Mall and Airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken C
Ferris, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a blast! The room was very large with top quality amenities! The grounds are beautiful! The casino was large and the wait staff was on top of things! Check in was a breeze and check out even better they even gave us a great discount based on play from the night before. The only problem we had was the rude hostess at the Buffett. Other than that can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 2094 was pretty far from the elevator!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjaytaylor
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here 3 times for Casino tournaments; the hotel is very clean; staff very helpful and welcoming. Makes one feel like returning family. Buffet amazing, especially the crab legs and low price. Machines aren't very generous, especially in the high roller area...not a good selection in here. But the Card Tables are great, have a nice variety, and wonderful dealers. Try the Party Poker games and be sure to play on the bonus spots. I won $600 my lst hand with 2 Queen of Hearts, was the only one playing the bonus spot...that $5 turned into a tidy sum that financed the rest of my gambling stay!!! This Casino is very generous with comps, all the time. Be sure and sign up with the Players Club and give them your email for great offers.

If you want to take a break, go to the local marina with some hamburgers from the local McDonald's, and sit and eat and watch the boats come in and out, very peaceful and entertaining. Then in the evening you can trek up to Biloxi, 1/2 hr drive, and hit the Hard Rock, Beau, and IP. Life couldn't be better, even if you don't hit a big Jackpot!!

Room Tip: IF you are a senior or handicapped, ask for a handicap room, near elevator, non-smoking. Best of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank winifred9188
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach
Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!