“Nice resort!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Boerne
“Nice resort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel is very nice, with large comfortable rooms with refrigerator inside the dressing cabinet. Well appointed spacious bathrooms and a better than average a/c system.

The casino is large with a good variety of slots & poker machines.

Restaurants serve quality food, The only drawback is that there isn't a breakfast offered other than muffins and other pastries in the coffee shop or through room service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Tupleo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at this property several times in the past few months. This time was especially important as it was wife's birthday. We checked in around 4:30 (not early but not too late either after driving 300+miles) I had requested a room that had some chance of seeing some water. I didn't expect a suite or something exceptional. Not to be. Not sure who designed this hotel across from the Gulf, but views are at a premium here. We looked out onto a flat roof facing a yellow wall 30 feet away. The staff was pleasant but indifferent-- I did get the feeling that this was my "personal problem". We were moved into a better room the next day but that required waiting at the hotel the entire morning in order to move our stuff. They would not allow moving into the room early or offer to keep out suitcases in valet until the room was available.These rooms were not comps--we were paying.
The casino here is ok with some good comps, but overall I think they have lost us as future guests.

Room Tip: Get there very early if you care about the room, otherwise just leave the curtains closed!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Elvis2Tupleo
Carrie M, Manager at Island View Casino Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Please accept my apologies for the inconvience you encountered here at Island View Casino Resort. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and we regret that we failed to meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments so the proper steps can be made to avoid these types of infractions in the future.
Brandon, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have stayed at Island View quite a few times over the last several years and have yet to be disappointed. Rooms are clean, beds are great, on-site restaurants can answer any taste and the comps are generous for the play you put in. This place serves as our base as we make the rounds of the sites and casinos in the area. Just about 15 minutes from Biloxi and 30 minutes from Bay-Saint-Louis. In season the outdoor pool has been a nice addition. We just never make it out there.

Room Tip: Just ask for the type room you want and they will be more than willing to make it happen. North side...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim-Vicki D
Meridian, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We decided to stay at Island View this year since we were attending an event in Biloxi. We had eaten at the buffet and enjoyed the casino last April 2012. I remember the buffet being really good. We paid $47 for two adults. We did arrive kind of late, so we ended up eating around 8:30. The shrimp were not as big as we remembered (but that could have been a memory thing), and they were mushy. I'm not a picky eater, but I didn't find a lot that I wanted, and I hadn't eaten all day. I ended up filling several sample plates, but never really particularly enjoyed one item. The Italian food all tasted like it had been dumped from a can or heated from frozen. The ice cream bar was pretty nice though. Some of the Asian food was good. The salad bar was lacking, and it was oddly placed on the same bar as the desserts---which was also the same place where the gumbo and maybe some other soup was located.
The room was also disappointing. We had reserved a king bed, but I guess since we were late getting in we got a room with two "queens." They looked more like double beds to me. The hallway smelled awful, and we were in a nonsmoking section. The TV kept turning to black and white, and someone down the hall said her TV never worked the whole time. The housekeeping staff were the nicest people there, but the windows were dirty. Everything else was pretty clean. Oh! The gaps under the doors leading to an adjoining room or out to the hallway are weirdly large--I was uncomfortable with how large they are. Also, there was no chair in the room besides a straight back chair. There were also very few plug ins, so I had to plug my laptop in way across the room from the bed, and the room was very dark with no overhead light and only two lamps. Pillow top mattresses? I don't think so. And the pillows were oddly small. I've never seen anything like it.
The casino was dead. We hadn't been there in a year, and we got $0 freeplay---none. That was disappointing. We barely got any bonuses, much less any wins, and we were playing maximum bets on several different machines. I eventually gave up and just watched movies in the room. My husband played some more on his own. He bets bigger than I do, and this was the first time he has ever lost money in a casino. He did have an enjoyable experience with a lonely Mississippi Stud dealer who was willing to show him how to play. He played MS Stud for about an hour, pretty much broke even, and came back to the room. We are prepared to lose when we gamble, and we have a set amount we are willing to lose. But we were really disappointed with the amount of play each machine offered. We have done much better at Silver Star in Philadelphia.
I tossed my Island View card, and I won't be staying there again. I should have paid attention to the reviews.

Room Tip: The hallway on the third floor smells like a boys' locker room. Bring a clothespin for your nose...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Shannon M
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Wonderful experience. Very clean rooms and smelled fresh. Friendly customer service when needing something from house cleaning, gift shop or dining hall. great food and had an awesome time!!! Would go back in the near future.

Room Tip: Smoke free
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hannah0209
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from the Gulfport/Biloxi area and this was the BEST buffet around. Not only was it affordable $9.99 for breakfast and a little more for lunch, but it was the freshest, home made, high quality food around as far as buffet's go. The casino was fun, mostly slots, a little on the older side and some table games. I did not stay at the hotel, but I would consider it for our next visit since the food was so good and the service here was great. I really loved this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelReviewsByAlisa
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to this Casino twice while in Biloxi. What a fun place. They have great comps and rewards for signing up to their players club. The building is nice and easy to find. parking is abundant. did not stay but would consider next time as it is located close to the Outlet Mall and Airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!