Island View Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsplayers clubisland view casinotable gamesslot machinesbeach sidecrab legsbeignetsgreat compssteamersrooms are greatnew orleanscoffee makerwincoastgulfcarterdealers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Wonderful point system..helpful staff...good variety of new slots...food is good..I always bring some money home!! Very pleasant, professional place to stay and gamble!! I will be back!! Very laid back so you can do your own thing atmosphere!!

Room Tip: As a senior....the handicap rooms are great!! they probably need to add more to the hotel!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Audrey P
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Thanks to Veronica, Trenda, and Kevin,in the Players Club and Management, I returned for a much- needed break. They were so attentive to my needs, getting a room on Memorial Day Sunday and Monday, great comps and freeplay, that made it very worth my while to return, after a year's break from the casino scene. Even tho I hadn't met them before now, they made me seem like an "old friend" and bent over backwards to make me feel welcome. Even tho I didn't jackpot on the slots, the games were fun(and tight), but I did well on the party poker tables, learning a new PaiGow game, which was a challenge, then played most of the night on the 21+3 and Ladies blackjack. Ken and Cricket were by far my most favorite dealers. Food was superb on the buffet, fried fish was the best, and great variety on the dessert bar. My girlfriend was new, and welcomed with a free buffet and some freeplay. She was a little disappointed in the "tight" machines too... noticed in TripAdvisor Reviews, the locals were disappointed in the machines too. Casinos need the locals. Island View, please "wake up" and address your machines payouts. You have loyal customers who really want to come back, but will go elsewhere, to "win".

Room Tip: I always ask for "near the elevator". Can't wait til their new hotel on the beach is open.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay here at least once or twice a year. It's our favorite hotel. We stayed the end of April and beginning of May and had a great time. We always like the Monday prime rib special at Carter Green. This year however, we did not get very good service or a very good meal. We did notice the Manager Ron was not there and we wondered if that had something to do with it. We also noticed that we were not the only table that sent our meal back. Since we've always had a great experience there, it must have been an off nite. All in all we had fun.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank gloria g
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been a member of Island View Casino for nearly two years. The casino has great deals which seem to be directed mostly for Out-of-Towners(OOT). OOTs receive free rooms, slotview play, etc. while locals receive only some of these.
The rooms are great, the Buffet is one of the best in the Gulfcoast, and Carter Green is fantastic. I believe the casino should show more gratitude to the locals.

Room Tip: There is no spa
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William B
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our second visit........
My husband and I have had the best experience with the Island View. The rooms are always clean, fresh in every way. Non-smoking, was just that. We had a lovely views both stays. This past visit was overlooking the beautiful pristine pool. Beds are so comfortable, soft and firm pillows to choose from. Just a lovely room altogether.
We had someone from housekeeping (a supervisor, I believe) stop by to ask us if we were happy and satisfied, and if we had any suggestions on how to improve the room and our stay. How great was that? While at the slots I was welcomed and asked if I was enjoying my stay again, and if they could do anything else to ensure our good fun. Double Great!
Food was wonderful at the buffet.....if there is a problem, don't hesitate to speak with someone. The staff is friendly, thoughtful, charming, and eager to please.
If you can't tell, we had a blast. Looking forward to our next visit! Spend a few days and you will fall in love with the southern beauty and charm of the Island View Casino Resort!

Room Tip: Just be specific of your wants and needs....they are more than willing to be of service!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple