“Pulled my String” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Tupelo MS
“Pulled my String”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

I came down with some friends for spring break and had a great time. We chose the
" Island View Casino Resort " and would reccommend it to anyone along with Emirels restaurant. Staff was helpful and friendly. We Gambled at night and fished in the day. We fished aboard 9- Ball Fishing Charters and had the best time catching big redfish. We do plan on coming back..

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

I was dissapointed in my room in that there was still trash in the trash cans, and one of the beds looked like the quilt had been thrown over wrinkled sheets. My main problem is that I was charged $100.00 on my card for no reason, I called and left a message about it, but never got a response, I can not see any reason for this charge, and I will think twice about the 7 1/2 hour trip it takes to get there, given your policy of charging for no reason, I had a compted room and no charges on it. It should not take any longer to credit an account than it takes to charge it. I still haven't gotten a credit. Laura Stanton #194575

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2008

We were comped a suite, extra rooms, food and alcohol for a large group. The suite and rooms were fantastic, as they were clean and the decor was beautiful. The beds are very comfortable, too, and the suite master bath is huge. The casino was not as large as some I've seen, but it was not small by any means. I would definitely recommend eating at Emeril's - the food was absolutely fantastic. I also would recommend staying away from The Buffet, as the food ranged from inedible to fair. The drinks were a little slow in coming, but that seems pretty typical of most casinos if you're not betting at the high dollar tables. Overall, the staff seemed helpful and courteous, making our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

We went on a golf outing with 144 players. We gambled in the casino for 3 days and received almost no comps. When we talked to the vip desk they basically said tough sh--. Are group had about 275 people and many had the same probelm. Although the hotel was nice, clean, and for the most part the staff were friendly there are way too many other casinos that treat their players much better, I wil not be returning nor will any of the other people I have talked to.

• Liked — Rooms clean and roomy
  • Disliked — Casino not player friendly
  • Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Travis39
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2008

We took my father to the casino for Fathers Day and had the worst experience. The hotel buffet had several items that should be hot that were almost ice cold. Food had about as much flavor as an old dish cloth, which they should actually learn to use. I don't know how the food rating even made it as high as a B with so many food violations.
The casino was much nicer looking and clean but that's where the compliments stop. We played in the same slot area for 2 hours and couldn't get a waitress/waiter to even acknowledge that we were even there. Talked to multiple "managers" that reassured us that they would have someone over immediately...no one ever came. We had to finally go to the cashier cage to get a real manager. He got us with the beverage manager that only gave a half attentive apology. I ended up having to take the drinks to my family who took a sip of them, cached out and left. Went to the Beau Rivage and had drinks in hand before I could pull the slot handle 2 times. The Island View has lost this family and would do well to follow a real casino's lead. This by far is the worst casino I have ever had the misfortune to spend time in.

Stayed June 2008
4 Thank Molecular_D
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

Granted, Gulfport, MS isn't Vegas on the outside, but I will guarantee you this --- walking into the Island View Casino Resort made me think that I WAS in Vegas! The hotel and gambling areas were amazingly clean --- definitely a difference from the sometimes messy Vegas filled with empty glasses and cigarette filled ashtrays. This is not something you will see here! That in itself was very refreshing.

I felt very welcome and comfortable in the gorgeous room and was surprised by the flat screen TV in my single room. The food from the restaurant by Emeril was awesome and despite my lack of tastebuds for spiciness ... BAM! It was pretty tasty! Room service was wicked fast as well.

The staff is very helpful with the local scene and very friendly all around. Check in/check out were easy and although I did not want to leave, I know I'll be back.

I highly recommend this hotel --- even if you're not a gambler. :)

• Liked — Hotel cleanliness, gambling arena, room has a flat screen tv, super friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank skigarmisch
safety harbor, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2008

Rooms were big, beautiful and clean. Loved the big comfy beds!! I loved the big selection of penny slots!! Wow! the casino was big. (warning: I did see some smokers in the casino) Food was great! Where else could you have all you can eat crab legs, shrimp for lunch for $10? And the deserts were so many and so good. Breakfast was scrumptious, with crepes, fresh fruit, sausages, etc. Just two warnings: the casino and hotel are cold! Bring a sweater or jacket. Also, unless you have transportation, there is nothing around the hotel to do, so rent a car or be prepared to gamble all day and nite. The staff was very nice and friendly. Will definitely go back with a sweater and rental car!

• Liked — nice room
  • Disliked — too cold
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank floridafrannie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!