“Great Italian Restaurant with a view”

Salute Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 254 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, View, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The location is perfect. It is right on 90 and looks out onto the water. We arrived without a reservation on Mother's Day and they were able to seat us pretty quickly outside. The food was fantastic. Best fried mozzarella that I have ever had (2 inch tall triangles) served with homemade marinara. My wife had the fettuccine Alfredo with grilled shrimp and I had Chicken Salute.

Both dishes were excellent and served piping hot. The only issue we had was with the speed of service. A server called out so they were a little overwhelmed and our server was particularly slow.

But all in all an great place too eat.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I ate at Salute's on Thursday the 10th and had the stuffed pork chops. They were grilled to perfection and the stuffing was full of crab meat and shrimp. My friends had the Mahi and shrimp and grits and everyone raved about their dishes. I will go again.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

locally owned and very attentive to its customers. has a nice outside area to eat just across from the beach.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

If you like Italian, they have it, and they know how to prepare it. Good experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Locals love this place.The food is good .It is on the beach ..kind of ..Sit in the bar .