“Excellent Italian Restaurant”

Salute Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We live in Hattiesburg, 60 miles north. This is one of our favorites on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I had Eggplant Parmesan and my wife had Veal Parmesan, both very delicious. This is a very clean and reasonably priced restaurant. It is also children friendly. Had so much on the lunch plates that we had no room for desserts. The restaurant was very clean and the staff was great.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chris T

Hendersonville, NC
“You Must Eat Here!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Every trip to Gulfport, my family's favorite place to eat is Salute. The food is wonderful. We have never been disappointed in anything we order. The chocolate bomb cake for dessert if fabulous. Try the balsamic honey glazed chicken and seasonal vegetables for a healthy treat. Even though the bar with the view of the Gulf is a big calling card for the restuarant, it is still very family oriented. Try Salute once and you will be sold and can't wait to go back.

1 Thank MamaFrank
ARKANSAS
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I didn't have the highest of expectations for this restaurant. It looked like it was just another hotel restaurant. We did call and make reservations as suggested. We were a little late, but I called and asked them to hold the table and they were very gracious. When we walked in, it was clear it was above average. It was packed! Very glad for the reservation. The food was really good. My husband had the spaghetti and I had the shrimp scampi bruschetta tapas dish. The scampi was delicately seasoned with just enough garlic and was served with bread instead of noodles. It was amazing. For dessert we split the tiramisu. It was good, but I wouldn't order it again. Overall, we had a nice dinner in a restaurant with great atmosphere.

diamondhead
“I spit out my meatball awful as was the sauce.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I tried the meatballs and spaghetti it was nasty I had to spit it out, my husband had lasagna and thought it was good(not great)the waitress was nice and said the manager was looking into it (never heard from him) I am convinced the mb were frozen and old. I can't understand how a restraunt can such a gr eat location but serve Italian food that bad and claim to be an Italian rest. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Consistently the best”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've written several times this is one of my favorite restaurants for business meetings and yesterday was no different. While mentoring a younger employee, we treated ourselves with a wonderful lunch that wasn't overfilling. I had the Mahi Mahi special of the day with vegtables, he had the tuna "Little Plate". I especially enjoy their Little Plate offerings because I walk away pleasantly satisfied and not stuffed, but the special sounded incredible--and it was.
Great food, great conversation, great afternoon.