“Great stay!! Very nice!”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here one night while visiting my nephew at Kessler. It was a pleasant surprise how nice it was. Rooms were clean with toiletries, nice pool, and close to outlets up the street :) very close to airport! Thought it would be noisy because when we were by the pool the flight path was above and you could wave to the pilot. But all flights ceased after 7, so quiet for sleeping! Great breakfast included in the morning! Would stay here again :)

• Stayed: April 2012
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn. It is good to hear we met your expectations since this is one of our goals. Thank you for setting aside time to compliment our hotel. I do hope you will come back and visit our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The room was somewhat clean, but was undesirable. The fact that the pets were welcome gave reason to the hair everywhere. I would not recommend any one to stay here unless you had to. The air traffic was horrible and loud and could prevent a person from sleeping unless you had earplugs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hleighw
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. By telling us what was enjoyable as well as unenjoyable helps us execute improvements for future guests. Again I apologize, and I hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is the worst experience we have had. Booked a non-smoking room...obvious someone had been smoking in it. The toilet was not hooked to the floor, the shower head could not be turned off and the thing to push had a stream of water coming out of it. The floor was sticky in front of the sink. The smoke alarm was hanging out of the ceiling and last but not least, the peep hole had paper stuffed in it. I have to admit I was afraid to get in the bed for fear of bed bugs. Room # 508.

Room Tip: This hotel has quite a lot of airline noise, as the airport is close by. I don't think any room...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuzyBruce

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience at our hotel was. Getting feedback from guests helps us pinpoint areas we need to work harder on. On behalf of our entire team at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I do hope you will consider coming back to stay with us in the future to give us the opportunity to provide you with an outstanding experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We went for a softball tournament and had about 10 rooms. We all enjoyed the location and the bar at the hotel was even fun and very nice employees there. Totally recommend it. Rooms a little small but overall a great location and nice pool.

• Stayed: May 2012
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

I am glad to hear your stay here at Best Western Seaway Inn was a pleasant one. We strive to make sure all our guests' needs are met and they enjoy their stay to the fullest. We appreciate your business and the time you took to let us know we are doing a good job. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Never again!! This is the worse experience. So noisy outside of my room that we will have to again call security. Even with our TV on loud it sounds like a block party going on outside of our door.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank samwatras
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

On behalf of the staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for the bad experience at our hotel. We have a night club on the premises, and we do our best to keep it from disturbing our guests. Your satisfaction is important to us, therefore I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future so we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was so surprised at the absolutely lovely decor in our newly renovated room. Everything was clean and new! Colors were great!
Convenient location right off the interstate. Others talked about noise and neighborhood - I felt safe by myself and slept like a baby on a Friday night of Spring Break.
We didn't go in the pool this stay but plenty of others did - it appeared to be clean and well kept.
I would definitely bring my family back here.

Room Tip: Exterior corridors - perhaps staying pool side would be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GulfportBestWestern, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. As always we appreciated your time and business. We strive very hard to meet all of our guest expectations, and I am glad we meet yours. Again thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed here a few times but i have always paid cash but this time i used my credit card and now it is one big mess. I stayed one night and was charged 3 different times totaling over 400.00 dollars and now i cant seem to get a manager to return my call to give me my money back. This needs the attention now by the hotel staff. Dont ever give them your credit card.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara G
GulfportBestWestern, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

On behalf of the management staff at the Best Western, we apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are sorry for the debit card hold transaction on your account. We hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Hollie Notter