“Ugh! Smells bad.”
Review of Days Inn Gulfport

Days Inn Gulfport
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The elevator smelled of body odors as the doors opened. The landings on the first and third floors smelled of urine and vomit, the room (317) smelled of cat pee. The a/c unit was leaking water, and they just put a trash can under it to keep the water from leaking across the exterior walk way (this was on about 3-4 other rooms as well) and then didn't bother to empty them, so they were leaking across the walk way anyway. The "safe" in the room had been rendered inoperable by either a previous guest or management. The area where the key belonged had been covered by a dime which had been super glued into place.

The room and hotel were visually clean, but with the smells, how can one be sure?

Upside? It had a nice shower enclosure, that appeared to have been recently remodeled, and the furniture was in reasonable shape. It wasn't far from the freeway, and within walking distance of a "Shrimp Basket Restaurant" and a "Hooters".

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I must say Thank U to the staff (Carla) for the Great service that was provided to The Grant Family! We had our Family Reunion & they were very accommodating! The prices were unbelievable! I truly will always stay here we I'm back in Gulfport! Thank U again

5star

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I had a really great stay here. The staff was really helpful and very nice and polite. The hotel is close to eating places in town as well. I will return to this location in the future.
Thank you to the Hotel Mgmt and Staff for a very plesant stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Terrible--DONT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL--STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO TRY ANOTHER HOTEL--1st told manager would b late ckin--said he would note that, manager cld me day of reservation--left no msg, cld back in 15 min to inform would be abt 1 hour till get there.Get there was charged for my 2 night reservations. 2nd no towels, no soap, no coffee, no iron in room, broken toliet seat. Had to go to desk each time. Made the best of it. When ckd out was told by the way we credited your card for the 1st night immediately and then charged u for the 2 night stay. Ok--have issues with this. they charged my card around 7pm, i ckd in @ 8:25pm, they credit my card @ 9:05pm. Sorry that is not immediately!!! Don't know what planet they are on!!! I argued with the manager at that point that my account only had enough funds to cover my stay for 2 nights, he explained that is policy and employee made mistake. Whatever--next day my account overdrawn because of this employee mistake....not my fault... I called the manager again on following day, and then again. Manager does not understand and is saying he don't have my money.... Well guess what not my fault either....I am not a happy customer and I think this business needs to educate themselves as to how to treat customers and how the credit card system works...It could take up to 5 days before I get my credit.....When I ckd in they should have only charged me for 1 additional night, I strongly recommend to look at another hotel before booking this one!!!!!! VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.... NEVER AGAIN,

Room Tip: very small pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

i stayed there with my family for three horriable nights..first took for every for them to check us in, then when we went up the cards didn't work had to go back down and do it again...next day when my husband and i brought my 4 yr old daughter down to swim in the pool they have a little boy using the bathroom on the side of the pool and what tops it off they don't even stay at the hotel...a bunch of people drive up and just walk in and take over the pool i say something to the manager that they have stool next to the pool and they have people just driving up and going swimming and they say i can't watch everyone but i will get someone clean...so i guess the one who pay the money for the hotel has to suffer and not swim in the pool...i would never stay in this hotel....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Sunny P, Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

I understand that you were upset and I apologize for the inconvience of your stay. We have made some changes since May of 2011 when you stayed. Hopefully it is more to your liking now if you will return and try us again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

USED coupon for $55 it was overpriced.May have Days INN name but they should bring it up to better standards or remove their name from motel.
Five and half years after Katrina it looks like it never was fixed up at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I am 50 years old and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my lifetime. I have never been moved to write a review of any kind, good or bad......until now! This place was terrible! Overpriced @ 95 dollars for a single. There was no toilet tissue in the room and the front desk wouldn't deliver any. I had to walk down and get it myself. The bathtub was dirty. Had I not been so tired, i would have tried to find shelter elsewhere. I should have listened to my instincts as I did not sleep at all because of the "party" in the next room. The walls were so thin you could hear the adjoining rooms facilities being used! Disgusting! Please do yourself a favor and stay any where other than here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business