“The Real Scoop? Good value.”
Review of Ramada Gulfport

Ramada Gulfport
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Chapel Hill, NC
“The Real Scoop? Good value.”
Reviewed 15 November 2005

These people who are writing these negative reviews need to realize that the more you pay, the more you get...these are not deserved. This is the deal here.

Yes, it is an older low rise hotel. Yes, there may be a few problems. But look at what you are paying.
For a good rate, you get oversized rooms I think. The baths may need updating. There is a chain restaurant that serves as a hotel restaurant. Not bad, since it has to be meet chain standards, but not fancy either.

There is no continental breakfast. This place is right next door to a Holiday Inn Express. VERY CONFUSING as these are two separate properties, two separate owners. You can't use the properties interchangeably.

You are within walking distance to probably 15 good sized restaurants. There is a bar in the hotel. A small one that is independently owned, full of locals.

Right now (and for the next 8 mos.) this hotel is going to be full of Hurricane Katrina contractors. If you have a problem with hard-working good ole boys, then stay elsewhere. (That is if you can FIND anywhere else....all of the better hotels in the area are for the most part destroyed.) Better yet, if you stay, be sure to speak to one. They are working 6 days + a week for 10 hour days. If they getting a little rowdy, they deserve it. Appreciate what they are doing.

Stayed November 2005
5 Thank Chplhill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
south
Reviewed 30 April 2005

Clean & comfortable, got the room we requested (poolside). Friendly desk staff and housekeeping staff. The restaurant service was poor and the staff didn't have a clue about the kids-eat-free deal, so that was a hassle but we only ate there for one meal because of the hassle. Food wasn't any good anyways. The pool was GREAT, it's in a courtyard, blocked on all four sides by buildings so the windy weather didn't keep the kids from swimming. Also a small wading pool. No towels were available at the pool, but the frint desk sent them out when we called to request them. Get a poolside room for the view and to lessen the traffic noise. Oh-- all the hotels on this strip are right along the approach to the airport, so there are frequent and loud low flying airplanes. We were here for a youth soccer tournament, and the kids all enjoyed the pool, and the parents enjoyed the comfort and convenience. We will stay here again.

2 Thank threedixiegrits
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 24 December 2004

The toilet leaked and the carpet was wet. Found cockroaches (dead and alive) in the rooms. It had a dank, musty, moldy smell. They moved me to two different rooms and met the same problems. So I had enough and checked out and looked for a better hotel.

I moved next door to a Holiday Inn Express and to my surprise it was run by different owners then the Holiday Inn next door. It was like night and day when it came to customer service and friendliness. The rooms were also better, they were clean and neat.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
9 Thank ARBUFL

Travellers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Wichita, KS
Reviewed 21 October 2004

I booked a meeting at this hotel because the website said something about being a "premier business hotel." Not even close. The first room they put me in for a meeting was a hotel room with a big table in it. No lighting, just two little lamps. The larger meeting room the next day was just very shabby and we had a lot of trouble regulating the temp in the room. The halls of the hotel are not air conditioned and are like a sauna. The room I stayed in overnight was really bad. The airconditioner could not regulate the very high humidity in the room and everything, including my business papers, became very very damp. The room was so wet that the lamps and lampshades were all rusting. Everything was stained, old and dirty. The tub was mildewed and the bottom stained so bad they had to put an adhesive mat to cover (most of it) up. I paid $65 a night and it was not worth it. When I called room service, they had run out of food for about 80% of the menu. What I did get was not room service, but a burger and fries on a plate delivered by a big scary guy. (No salt, pepper, no drink that I ordered, no napkins or silverware, just the food on a plate.) I would never stay here again.

8 Thank Michellebell
Schriever, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 June 2004

My friend and I decided very last minute to get away for a couple of days and go to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It is only a 2 and a half hour drive from our home. We were on a strict budget and all the hotels facing the beach were out of our price range.

So, that is how we ended up at this hotel near the airport. We got to stay for about $50 for the Thursday night. And they jacked the price up to $80 for the Friday night. Definitly not worth it. This is a very shabby Holiday Inn. The pool was so small. Our room was okay. But, nothing great. You will not sleep good in this hotel. You will hear planes flying over all night. And the beds are uncomfortable. Somebody was knocking away on our door at 2 A.M. while we were trying to sleep. I was too scared to answer it. And while were coming back to our room after the beach, our key did not work. And we were locked out the room. My friend had to go to the front desk and get us new keys.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you are desparte for a place to crash or are cheapskates like us. They are much nicer hotels in the Gulfport-Biloxi area.

12 Thank cajungal