“Great hotel. Best pool we've found at a hotel. Just across the road from the beach.”

Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This was a very nice hotel. We asked for an upper floor room (they did not give us one with an ocean view by default). Good-sized room, although the bathroom was pretty small. Just across the road from the beach (nice warm water, but very shallow - no real swimming). The hotel pool is huge & divided between the deep & shallow ends. They even provide some pool toys (noodles, etc.). Part of the time there was an employee stationed outside where you could get refreshments. The huge down side for us was the smoking area right by the pool where employees & possibly guests would sit (not as nice of a swim). Not much within walking distance, though we did find a nice Italian place next door.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank civil23
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel while passing through Biloxi/Gulfport, MS on the way home from a trip. The hotel faces the Gulf of Mexico and is across the street from a beach. The hotel was clean and nice but pricey. This area was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina. As you drive down the road, you see slab after slab with nothing on it. This hotel sustained damage and they show you the high water mark in the lobby. They have renovated and it was nice for a one night stay but the room rate of $175 was way too high. The beach is in walking distance. The sand is white and nice but the water is brown. This is typical of the Gulf unless you are in the Florida area where it's clearer and cleaner. The casinos are within a few miles but not many restaurants in this area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BushkaTexas
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed here for a business trip at the beginning of May because there were no other Marriott properties close to the convention center or available. Not a huge Courtyard fan, but this swung me a little further in their direction.

It's literally right on the beach, about a mile or two from downtown Gulfport and 7 miles from Biloxi and the casinos. There's not much around it, so you have to drive or walk to grab a bite out.

But the seclusion is absolutley perfect. I went for a run on the beach in the morning, and the breakfast bar after was nice (they take $3 off if you're an Elite or higher in the Marriott Rewards program.) $10 for breakfast is still kind of high, given that I ate at Waffle House the next day for $5.

Rooms were nice, but small. Bathroom was clean, water nice and hot. Tub had a problem draining, but nothing to cry about. Had I known they were so close to the beach, I would've requested a room facing the water. The inroom wifi took a little effort to set up (they didn't give me my password at the front desk). It was also slow as molasses. Generic surfing is okay. Relaxing with a Netflix streaming movie or downloading some music was not gonna happen.

There's a hotel bar and they serve dinner three nights a week. Staff was very helpful and nice, though not always engaging. I fell and scraped my hand pretty bad, the woman at the front counter helped me with a first aid kit.

Read a few comments about the train. I heard it once as I went to sleep and never again while I was there. I live right outside DC nowhere near trains and I hear the horns all the time. Gulfport is a major shipping port, so it's to be expected.

FUN COOL THING: In the hotel are marks indicating the water line from the storm surge during Hurricane Katrina.

I'm staying again in a few weeks, even though I have to check out early because they're fully booked. I liked it that much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank the_real_dp
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I found this hotel to be wonderful! Was surprised at the quality and the cleanliness. Our room was gorgeous and spacious. We had a view of the ocean and found everything we needed in our hotel room. Loved the pool area with the seating area around the fire pit. I was able tor read a book and simply relax. I ordered a steak meal for dinner and it was very good. I was just too tired to go looking elsewhere and was glad the meal was delicious. Hotel staff was friendly and professional at all times.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean side room for the pretty view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vmiles12
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I will stay to the Hotel manager that those two ladies deserve a raise for the outstanding and professional service that they provide to your customers. I really enjoyed my stay and if I return to the area I would love to stay back in your hotel. Thanks again for the services rendered. keep up the excellent work ladies!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Challenger072
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This was a nice hotel. I alway stay at Marriott properties, and this compares favorable with others. The staff was very attentive and responsive, no complaints there.

But the internet was very slow, the water is hard, and worst of all, trains go right behind the hotel blasting their horns ALL NIGHT LONG. I found it very difficult to sleep. They need soundproof windows or something.

Don't stay here and expect to get a full night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank hkp7fan
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Marriott always does an expectional job for me, that is why I am a platnium with Marriott. In this case the level of customer service exceeded Marriott usually great level. Tameka and Dennis are two of the most helpful and personable employee's Marriott has in their system and for that reason I am writing my first ever review.
Warm, friendly, helpful, comfortable and gracious are the words I think of is describing these two. Marriott, thank you for hiring these two extrodinary people ans PLEASE make sure you keep them.

James Paschall

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mytravel2323
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
#7 of 29 in Gulfport
Comfort Suites Gulfport
Comfort Suites Gulfport
#13 of 29 in Gulfport

Been to Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront? Share your experiences!