Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streethurricane katrinagulf viewwater linetypical courtyardbeach view roomfire pitnice hotellarge poolbeach blvdfirst floorfront desk staffparking lotstaff was very friendly and helpfulholiday innthe room was niceup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel nice, staff nice, rooms very, very dusty(pictures, lamp shades, yuck). Apparently no time limit on pool an hot tub. Drunk guest loud NIGHTLY from 1:30 - 3:00 am. Also, advertised "gulf front". Four lane highway between hotel and beach - all hotels r n this area but felt that was misleading. No balconys. Was not really impressed with our first visit to Gulfport.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank BlessedPartyof5
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this location. We even stayed in the same room. This is a nice hotel on the beach. Our view was of the beach and ocean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The issues: the lobby and elevator lobby are very muggy, inside the elevator and the elevator lobby on all 5 floors. The room Is better as it has AC; however, it runs none stop and quite loud.

We stayed 2 nights. Each night I had to kill small roaches- one each night. Just a couple and only in the bathroom. (I will inform the staff at checkout).

Overall, it's a little pricy for the issues, but I suppose that is because it's a beach hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank drummer1973
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Returned to Gulfport for our 4th trip with friends and family. Once again we were all pleased with our stay at this hotel. We always enjoy the exceptionally nice pool, and the friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfast available in the spacious hotel lobby. The beach right across the street and the street is another plus. Casinos and great restaurants Already planning our next return trip !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a great hotel with a wonderful and friendly staff!! I was very pleased with my stay here. The beach is directly across the street. The rooms were very nice, neat and CLEAN!!! The entire hotel staff was very friendly and they really cared about making my stay and my friends stay a great one!! The front clerk Chelsea, is one who sticks out the most to me. She had a great positive attitude, very friendly, and resourceful. I rate this hotel with 5 stars because it met my expectations: Great location (close to great restuarants), clean rooms, friendly staff, reasonable price, and great amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Check-in was a breeze. The staff at the front desk was great. However, that would be the best part of my hotel stay.

The lobby of the hotel was hot and muggy. I assumed it was due to the sliding doors opening and shutting all day. The humidity and dampness continued into the elevator and upon the fifth floor hallway. To a positive note, my room was not in the same condition as it had the A/C unit running and was cool. Although, my room’s A/C unit was exceptionally loud and turned on and off all night.

The following morning I was taking and shower and noticed small, black stains covering the inside of the shower curtain. I’ve attached a picture. If I was in town longer than two days, I would have checked out and went elsewhere.

The overall condition of the hotel is sub-par to any previous Marriott Courtyard property I have stayed at. Previous Tripadvisor reviews mentioned that this is a “beach hotel.” If “beach hotel” means dingy and humid with minimal amenities then they were right on the money.

I will book somewhere else if I’m ever in Gulfport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business