“OK for one night if you have to.”

Quality Inn Gulfport
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
St. Louis
“OK for one night if you have to.”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Lobby and BF area are very nice. It is when you open the door to your room that you realize that the room has not been updated like the lobby. It is ok if you must stay there. Better hotels close by. Bathroom tiny and badly needs updating.

It does have micro and fridge so that is a plus. AC worked as it was suppose to. Highway 49 is extremely busy and it is nice that this motel has a light to enter/exit.

We stayed on the lower level so that we could back our car close to the door and uload and load. We like doing that vs a cart up an elevator and down the hall.

This is a two story motel and no elevator. BF is your typical some kind of eggs/sausage/biscuit/juice/coffee.

Room Tip: get one on lower level instead of second floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here in December 2011. It is in a good location and convenient to shopping. The stoplight is a great help in getting in and out of the hotel. When I arrived, I could not check in early because they needed to let the carpet dry after cleaning them that day. So they preassigned me a room and I went to find something to do. When I finally got checked into the room, the carpet was not completely dry. The chair was on the bed and the lamp on the window sill. I just put the stuff back. I could not access the wireless internet. I found out the next morning that it had something to do with the location of the routers. So I moved rooms.

The next room had no microwave but had a fridge. That was a little bit inconvenient but I let the manager know since it was supposed to have one.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Room was clean. They've been updating. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a king room and good internet, ask to be close to the office.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Colleen U
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Great staff ...Clean room across the street from the Beach. Frig in room a big plus.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TerryTH
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Whatever the rate is, I would advise that you go else where. When we arrived we asked to see a room. The room appeared to be clean, I was thinking I could get a good nights rest for the two nights we would be there. We decided to stay, sorry we did. The saying is true, you get what you pay for. Upon arriving back that night we brought drinks to put in the fridge. Here is where we had a problem, I saw three small roaches in the fridge. I killed them. Sitting at the desk here comes another one. It was late and I did not want to switch rooms in the middle of the night. Early the next moring I went in and they moved us to another room.
Another problem, water was leaking from the fridge and the AC unit would not let me sleep, because of all the noise it was making.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank charlisa c

Travellers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Passing through on my way to Texas, and stopped to spend the night in Gulfport. Room was comfortable and reasonably well maintained as was the property. Comfortable bed but HVAC unit was a bit noisy (cold front had passed through and used the heater). Only real problem was with wrong carafe in the in-room coffee-maker causing brewed coffee to overflow onto counter instead of into carafe.
Hot breakfast was well done, although they were out of knives. Friendly, courteous staff. When notified of problem with coffee-maker, desk-clerk made adjustment to bill without being asked.
Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 August 2010

if this place was $40 a night, it would be too much. at $129/night, its almost the same price as a nice motel. the AC is full of water. I can hear it splashing when the unit turns on. I arrived on friday afternoon. I started getting chest congestion on saturday. I asked to be moved to another room. they say they are booked solid. there are about 6 cars in the parking lot. I was just awakened at 1:30 am because there was a large bug crawling on my arm. I got up pretty quick(as you can imagine) and managed to kill the bug. I don't know what it was but my room now smells like a chemical spill. my company booked this room. for now, I'm stuck here. I will NEVER stay at a quality inn again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dlove18307
Gulfport
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We booked rooms for a business group well in advnace. We even called a few days later to confirm they had all reservations. As our colleagues arrived they claimed that no one had a reservation and claimed they had "no record" of ever making the block reservation. The staff is incompetent and unprofessional. Do not risk the reputation of your business by giving them yours.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business