“Don't bother”

Red Roof Inn Gulfport
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I just needed one night - non-smoking. After speaking to both the desk clerk and the manager making my reservation for a non-smoking room, when I arrived, not only did they not have my reservation, but put me in a smoking room and told me "tough luck". We are talking Gulfport, MS on a Monday night. Because of my late arrival, I took the room (moving is tiring!) but I would be cautious about staying here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TampaSkigirl

Reviewed 3 October 2009

The place was clean and had what I needed. The rooms look dated in terms of the furnishings. Internet access was dismal when I was there. The room was fine for my limited use (sleep and shower). It wouldn't be a place that I would take my wife.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I frequently stay at choice hotel properties, so i know what to expect. THis hotel was clean (expected). Room had a microwave and fridge which was nice for leftovers. the breakfast was excellent for the realm of free breakfast experiences that i have had, even within this brand. Hot eggs and sausage, with biscuits and gravy, along with usual assortment of continental offerings.
Front desk staff was very courteous.
Many restaraunts close by for meals.
Not necessarily a vacation destination, but a nice, clean, friendly hotel to make a stop at for the night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2007

We stayed here August 24th and 25th and although the place did not look too bad - it was nearly impossible to sleep because of the roaring air conditioning unit in the room. That thing literally drove me crazy!! I envisioned myself with a ball bat smashing the a/c unit to pieces so that I could sleep! (And I am normally a very non-violent person!!)

The room was fairly clean, except for the bathroom that had several spots of mold - one very large. The fixtures in the tub had a terrible soap film that needed to be cleaned.

The concrete in the stairwells and walkways need to be cleaned really badly - they could use a good pressure wash!!

The staff I encountered were pleasant enough.

We paid extremely too much for a room with an outside entrance!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2007

I stayed here recently with my family....the staff was very helpful in accomodating us with joining rooms, microwave and fridge. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping very friendly also. There is no pool at this location, but you can use the pool next door at the Holiday Inn or go to the beach which is only 5 miles away. The free breakfast was very good and had a variety of items to choose from. The hotel overall is clean, well maintained, good outside lighting and quiet during the night hours. I would defintely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Louisiana_Cajun_Girl
Reviewed 4 May 2007

Ir was evident that the lobby /breakfast area had been redone since Hurricane Katrina. Our room showed different results. There were dry drip marks on the walls. There were "fruit flies" especially in the vanity area. Mattresses definitely needed replacement. Front desk personnel were efficient. The remedy suggested for the flies, squirt them with your hairspray!

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MNGenevieve
Reviewed 20 March 2007

Nice motel. Exterior corridors are well lit and rooms are small but very comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo