“Home away from home!!!”

Clarion Inn
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Home away from home!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

So the Clarion Inn use to a Hampton Inn... I noticed during my stays, which i stay very frequently (to show how much i love this place), that the Clarion really is almost the same as it was when it was the Hampton with only a few minor changes!
First, the amazing front desk staff, friendly faces and attitudes! Do everything possible to welcome me! Check in is always quick, even when they are super busy! They understand no one wants to wait, but i also understand they get busy. So when i have had to wait a moment longer, they are so entertaining. Great people to converse with. Funny, bubbly, smart... Ive spent time actually at the front desk (when its not busy) just to talk to them!
Second, housekeeping...
The rooms are always phenomenal! The beds are amazing with the best pillows! So clean! And the hskp staff go out of their way to help, but to them it seems nothing is out of the way! They work hard and do an excellent job! Thank you ladies!
Third, maintenance... Now we all know it doesn't matter where you go, there are going to be some issues, like toilet stopped up or light went out, even as simple as new batteries needed... The maintence men there are quick and effecient! Very quiet, but very polite and determined to fix whatever may be an issue for you. Including the elevators! Some things are as we all know beyond our control! It is these men who do they very best to fix all those things! And the groundsman, keeping the parking lot clean. He's out every morning early sweeping and cleaning so we can enjoy everything! Thank you gentlemen!
Fourth breakfast...
The breakfast hosts are amazing women! They go above and beyond! They cook food and try to keep it filled. They even make the waffles to help guests out! Very sweet women who make sure breakfast is hot and filled and the coffee is fresh and full!
Checkout is just as great as check in! FABULOUS!

I have read all the reviews on this site and might i say, before you want to yell and get mad about things, think about it... The elevators, really... No one plans it to mess up on you! Its not done maliciously. And the credit card/debit card issue, i have witnessed guest acting a fool to the front desk staff... ITS NOT THEIR FAULT! Computers run it, not the staff. Technology is a tricky thing. There are always glitches somewhere, eventually! I have used my debit card and never had an issue! People are too quick these days to blame someone else when it is out of that person's hands!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AND I SUGGEST HAVING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE AND SEEING FOR YOURSELF! IT IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!! IT CAN BE YOURS AS WELL! :)

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Luvmahboss258
Lisa C, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding and very kind review! Your positive comments were very welcomed and appreciated after our trying experience this summer with the elevator and your understanding of the matter being out of our control was a refreshing attitude towards our staff! Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2012

After spending alot of time reviewing Gulfport Hotels on the Trip Advisor site, Clarion Inn stood out as the best bet for overall value, cleanliness and price for a quick trip for business down to the Gulf based on some of the reviews I read. I was pleasantly surprised! Very clean room. Comfy bed. Complimentary hot breakfast really hit the spot! The positive reviews on this site really were true!!!

I would definitely stay here again and again. I am used to staying at higher end hotels and spend a lot of time on Trip Advisor reviewing my potential destinations before I go. My budget wasn't very large for this trip, but Clarion Inn definitely came through with a clean (and I stress clean) comfy room. I can't stress to you readers enough that I am verrry particular about cleanliness. My Clarion Inn room was cleaner than I could have expected. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable and NO BED BUGS!!!!!!

The hotel is in a great location, has a friendly staff and that tasty free breakfast every morning got my day started right. I had a nice flat screen TV and refrigerator in my room, free parking and they even have a pool. Great value for the price.

I've read that other people encountered problems with the elevators during their stay. During my stay, I had no problem with the elevators. I actually just took the stairs most of the time anyway. I also read that people experienced some billing issues or double charges. I did not have any problems and I booked with a credit card.

It's not a 5-Star hotel. But if you are on a budget and need a clean relaxing place to stay, minutes from the Gulf Coast, I highly recommend Clarion Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Roland M
Jeremy R, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you so much for thw wonderful review that you posted on our tripadvisor! Sharing your comments with the staff was a awesome way to start out the day! Not to mention a much needed pick me up! Again Thank You so much! Lisa Couch - General Manager
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was going to give this hotel an ok review. Elevator was broken to start with but they changed the room to a lower level because my husband is disabled.But then they double charged my room. I prepaid for this room and they charged the entire weeks stay again. I have never had such crap. The card I used has limited money on it on purpose but now all my other charges will come back and all I can get from management is it will be credited back to my account in 7 days.It's an fee to check to make sure my credit card was validate. My family travels several times a year,NEVER EVER had this and I will never stay at a Clarion Inn again.The customer service sucks!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
I am so very sorry your stay was not a very happy one! Unfortunately your were given incorrect information on the elevator, it wasn't that we were trying to fix it ourselves but that the elevator couldn't quite figure out what was happening to cause the doors to stick. Unfortunetley it took us calling in a different company to resolve the issue. As to the other matters during your stay with us I would love to talk to you and get you some compensation for the other than perfect stay you experienced. Please call me at the hotel 228-868-3300 at your earliest convienence. - Lisa Couch General Manager
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Our group booked a few rooms here because everything else was booked up. I quickly discovered why this motel was still available! The elevator was broken. Two people from our group were stuck on it and we're later told by the front desk that "it keeps breaking but they are trying to save money and fix it themselves instead of calling an elevator company". The room was filthy! Lots of hair in bathtub and on the floor. The maids actually left my door open on the second day I was there. Smoke from the neighbor room kept coming in our nonsmoking room. Last but not least, they tell you they have breakfast until 10am, but they don't refill things once they are gone. At 9:40, there was no food left. This was the most unpleasant motel experience I've ever had! We finally checked out & went over to the Hilton!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Emuagd
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
I would first like to say I am deeply sorry that your recent stay was other than perfect! We strive to provide the utmost care and consideration to each and every guest that chooses our hotel for their stay in Gulfport! I would like to further talk to you about this stay so that we can learn from your mishaps and to move forward with better knowledge on how to handle guest issues so that every stay is up to our standards. Please contact me at 228-868-3300 GM - Lisa Couch
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and was ready to write an excellent review. The hotel is extremely clean for a "budget" hotel with no bells and whistles and the staff is extremely friendly. However, I just pulled my account and found that I was charged 3 holding fees equal to one full night stay each in addition to my 2 night stay. In summary, I will not have access to almost $600 for at least two days. I was not warned in advanced!!!! I have been informed that these charges will be credit within the next 2 business days and am crossing my fingers, but just want to warn others before booking. I have stayed at many hotels and have never had this happen. Some have informed me upfront there will be a deposit, etc. but the need for the 3rd night, which I did not even stay or book leaves me clueless. IN SUMMARY: My quick, low budget weekend get-away with my children (Fri and Sat night) has cost me right at $1000. which I did not anticipate. Granted, this money probably will be back in my account some time this week, but is not much comfort for a single mother!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jill D
Jeremy R, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Unfortunetly debit cards don't work like credit cards and once you authorize them they actual removed the money from your account and it can take up to 72 business hours for it to return. I apologize for the inconvience and I can call the bank and have them release the pending charges if this would be helpful to you? Please call me at the hotel and I would be glad to do this for you! Lisa Couch General Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The first night my son and I got stuck on the elevator and had to call the front desk for help getting out. You would think that the elevator would be fixed within a day or two, but it was never operable again throughout our week-long stay. When I asked about it I was told they didn't want to spend the money. Really??? You would rather your guests carry luggage up and down two flights of stairs than fix your elevator?

Room Tip: Check out the Hilton Garden Inn and Residence Inn one mile down the road on Airport Road.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
I would first like to apologize for the fact that the elevator was done during your stay! It wasn't a lack of urgency that was preventing us from fixing the elevator it was due to the storm that caused the damage not only took my elevator out but alot others also. Unfortunetley we had to wait our turn for repairs. I assure you that it is up and fully functioning now! Again I apologize for the delay! GM- Lisa Couch
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2012

3 story motel with outside halls, two elevators, standard motel décor throughout. Check in took about 5 minutes. Beautiful outdoor pool and landscaping. Easy access from I-10. We arrived during a heavy thunder storm that had shut down one of the elevators, but it was back in service the same day.

The room was very clean, average size and fairly new furniture. Our room had two queen beds with four pillow each, fridge, microwave, dresser unit, small table with two chairs, full closet, flat tv, iron, ironing board, coffee maker, tea, hair dryer, large shower tub (no fan, so it steams up), single sink on a large granite counter in the bedroom. AC unit works great and is fairly quiet. Lots of lights.

Breakfast included waffles (with two makers which make things go much faster), biscuits and gravy, sausage links, scrambled eggs, yogurt, apples, oranges, bananas, four kinds of cereal, three kinds of juice, two kinds of milk, coffee, tea, oatmeal, grits, pastries, toast, muffins, and bagels. Breakfast lady made the kids nervous as she watches closely. Large breakfast area broken into three different rooms. I think they are remodeled guest rooms.

Very nice facility and service for two stars. We booked a second night as we were so pleased with the service. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family