“Trying hard to improve”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
La Grange
“Trying hard to improve”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The new management team has invested in this property and it is showing. The rooms are being renovated with all the modern conveniences and the front desk and housekeeping staff are bending over backwards to accommodate special needs when the arise.

Room Tip: The pool has been filled in, but this is still a great overnight stop-over along the 10 in Gulfport...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomas S

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Groton, CT
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The rooms were clean, newly painted in cheerful colors, bathroom has been renovated and the area is quiet. It's far enough from casinos and the irport to allow for a good night's leep. The A/C was so quiet, I kept checking to see if it was on! We are happy we stayed here.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was quiet, all rooms have been renovated. It is away from casinos...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KathCT
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were driving by and decided to stay here on our way back home. Location is convenient off I-10 and there were a handful of quick places to eat. The rooms were clean and freshly renovated. The breakfast buffet was just right for us to grab and go.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Rimalily
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Let's by saying this hotel is a trucker hotel. It's really not for family's. I got 2 rooms. Both smelled musty/moldy. The TV did not work in one room, A/C water leak caused the floor be wet. Lights wouldn't work. Broken luggage rack on the wall just hanging there. Beds where worn to the eye site. One bed had hair on the pillows that wasn't ours. We requested a linen change, got it but the sheet was torn about a foot from the top. What hotel would put clearly torn sheets on a bed? Furniture was clearly broken. In the pictures of the hotel on the website, the parking is empty for a reason!! We're not staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gill W

Travellers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

All I can say is OMG! This place was worst that bad. The rooms are old and moldy the beds have stains and the covers look as if they have not been change since the late middle ages. They are filthy. The only reason we stopped was because it was late at night and rainy very hard. Then they charged me full price for the room. I had to call to get 1/2 of the rate back which should have been a full refund based on the fact that we turned around and left immediately after wlking into the room. again all I can say is Ugggggh! Can you say NASTY!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank L F
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I made the mistake of trying to save a few bucks by staying here. I knew better!! Next door to a truck stop, so I heard the trucks coming and going at all hours. I put the tub mat outside because it was slimy and moldy. There was a hair on the sink, and a small curly one on the phone cradle. I was on the bottom floor, which is on a very uneven cement slab. The neighbors could be heard plainly through the adjoining doors. One of the chairs was so rickety I wouldn't dare sit in it. Cigarette butts covered the sidewalk in front of my room. Spent $179 for two nights; I will pay double before I will ever stay in another "budget" motel.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Feduptraveller
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Do not stay here. The shower curtains had mold in the bathroom , the room had a bad odor, the person next to me was smoking pot all night long and talking in his cell. I slept with my cloths on because the bed was dirty. I would have checked out and got my money back but it was to late to keep driving. This was the worthest hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013