“Devine”
Review of C'est La Vie - CLOSED

C'est La Vie
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Dear Friends, After much consideration, I have decided to change retirement into a vacation. I will be closed for the remainder of the year and will return in January for a to-be-determined amount of time. Thank you all for the outpouring of support. See you in the new year.
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Always love the orange dark chocolate truffles n devine croissants especially almond. Coffee is worth the stop alone.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The best croissants in the state. They prepare excellent pastries, too. I always get my birthday cakes from here. The cakes are always outstanding. Their lunch is good , too! Just remember they only accept cash or checks.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Been to this place many times and enjoyed it EVERY time. Custom cakes have been ordered and enjoyed. We stop by for the "goodies". This is not a typical bakery with a bunch of fried gooey stuff. You'll find light airy and delightful pastry. You can get a light lunch there as they have a couple tables by the window.Very Fun.

4  Thank Jaded-Bird
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The price is high, but it's unique, and he could probably command higher prices in other markets. My only complaint is that I once ordered a birthday cake, and on the day I was supposed to pick it up, they had no cake, and seemed to have lost the order! But if you walk in and choose stuff they have on the shelves, it's FANTASTIC.

1  Thank Devotus
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I went to Hattiesburg from Texas on vacation, and was so excited to find a French Bakery. I was hoping to buy freshly baked baguettes, etc., but they don't do that. However, they do offer a nice Napoleon and my friend enjoyed her pastry too.

If you've ever been to a bakery in France, you'll be disappointed, but not bad for the U.S.