“Fine basecamp for a night...”
Review of Western Motel

Western Motel
Western Motel
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I paid $49 for a single on a Friday--with a coupon, you could get a room for five bucks cheaper during the week. Clean room, hot water, strong a/c, ice machine, close to abundant restaurants. Very minimal continental breakfast. Very close to the university. (I was prank-called here in the middle of the night by a couple college kids. Totally random.) Just a decent place for a night...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The last time I was there it was okay, but now it has improved. It has an old fashion themed lobby, no bugs like the other hotels in Hattiesburg, and a friendly clerk. I don't know about the other comments because they probably are other people who got money or something for saying it, but not only does it have a great location, it had many restaurants and fast food places.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Rogers3478
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was, without a doubt, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Found condom wrappers and molded beer in the nightstands and the dresser drawers. The owners have no idea how to talk to anyone. Plus, we had items stolen out of one of our workers room. When we checked out early, they also refused to return our payment for nights not stayed. Highly DO NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jbolton03
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the most horrible experience I have ever had at a motel ever. They never clean the rooms. I was here for one week and they only cleaned once. The bedspreads were so musty and when I asked the "housekeeper" if I could have a clean one, he tried to say that I was going to have to pay a fee for getting it dirty. Don't walk on the carpet barefooted because it will turn your feet black it is so filthy. Dust bunnies everywhere. Sheets had holes in them. No stoppers for the bathtub to bathe the babies in. Knob missing to turn the shower on with. Only brought us fresh linen once. Dust everywhere. Oh yeah, the music from the business next door , Raising Cane's, blared ALL night long and could be heard inside the rooms. This kept us from sleeping. The baby got the bedspread dirty and they wanted to charge us 40.00 for that because they said they didn't have washing machine big enough to wash them. The housekeeper hollers at you and talk very ugly to you if he has to do any cleaning at all. They tell you to keep the room clean or they will charge you for cleaning it. They only offer "housekeeping services" on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Found roaches in the corners of the room. Very nasty motel. Definitely is not worth the money they charge. I wouldn't stay here again even if they paid me. Bad bad motel. Keep driving down Hardy Street. Do not put on breaks.Keep going. Pass the Western Motel right on by. Very bad experience. I promise you it's bad.

Room Tip: Go to antoher motel if you want a good room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

No need for my review. The others said it all. I literally was going to say the exact same things. Holes in sheets, very nasty bathtub, drywall all over the floor, they NEVER cleaned the room. Absolutely horrible motel. Worst hotel in Hattiesburg, hands down.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First off, I want to start off by saying that whoever wrote good reviews at this place was either drugged and don't remember staying there or works there.

Booked a room. After staying for 10 minutes, We decided that it was unsatisfactory and that we were going to leave and ask for a refund. Yeah, you can see where this is going. They said we messed up the room and couldn't rent it out to anyone else for the night because there was a crumple on the bed from were I sat on it. So basically the attendant at the desk said we will not get our money back. We just got railed for 65 dollars.

STAY AWAY!!! The place was just plain old nasty (Reason for leaving) and couldnt get refunded because this place is a scam!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms here are putrid!!! Stay here if you want the experience of staying in a pig Stye
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I had a very welcoming experience here at the Western Motel. For the price being one of the most reasonable in town, they had very clean rooms and bathrooms, fast wifi, good breakfast, and very friendly people. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a nice clean place to stay for the night staying here. Also, it's walking distance to many fast food restaurants, so we found it very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office are convenient for those who like to drink multiple times of the day
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business