“Cat mess in my room”

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Hammond, Louisiana
“Cat mess in my room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stopped there having car trouble on my way back from Chattanooga. When I got to my room they had cat mess in the carpet. Room was not cleaned well. The lady would not refund me. I will not recommend this place.I am not a picky person, does not have to be fancy , just clean. This was horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

House Springs, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Northgate Inn in Hattiesburg, MS, on May 10, 2013. We have used this hotel on previous trips and have been thoroughly satisfied. This trip however, was a totally different story. The hotel is under new management and let me tell you, it shows. The room was not clean, the airconditioner was leaking on the carpet, and at 3:00 AM I finally called the Front Desk to complain about the noise in the parking lot. The front desk clerk said they would call the police. At 4:00 AM they sent the police to our room! Once they got there things quieted down. I can tell you that this will be our last stay at the Northgate Inn and I will by no means refer anyone else. When I mentioned this to the front desk in the morning there was no response.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Patti B
Mountain View, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed in this motel before I checked on trip advisor. I had driven 9 hours and wanted a room where I could park right in front of the room. The front desk was efficient and friendly which was appreciated. The 45 dollars made me worried about the room being too cheap. I need not have worried.King size bed with great pillows. Ultra clean with a perfect shower. Microwave, fridge and the coffee pot actually had drinkable coffee. (unlike most cheaper motels).My only negative comment is it is a little difficult to get off the highway from the east but from the Interstate it was fine.There were no bugs btw and no bedbugs.(I always check) I can absolutely recommend this Inn and put it on my Favorites on my GPS.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Guesthouse is an older hotel with a bar and restaurant on the property. It is older but clean and safe. The front desk people were helpful and polite. Nothing special but for a one night pass through it was fine. Didn't use the bar area but a lot of people did. It was full.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through MS. The bed was clean, the guy at the front desk was nice and helpful upon checking in, and there is a fridge in the room, but that's where the pluses end. I got up during the night to use the bathroom and killed a roach near the toilet. Before returning to bed I turned on the bedroom light to adjust the air conditioner and saw another roach crawling on the front door. I attempted to kill it also but it scurried back through the crack to the outside of the room. Also, at 2:16 AM I was awakened by a dumpster being emptied. I'm not sure if this was the dumpster of the hotel or for the diner on the property but it was very loud with metal banging on metal, and also the reverse signal for the truck was loud. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Northgate Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your stay with us at Guesthouse Northgate Inn. I'm glad the service and location pleased you. I am sorry to hear about the insects in your room. We have scheduled insects prevention every two weeks in all of rooms. We have garbage pick-up twice a week and they arrive around 10AM. I was unaware of the dumpster being emptied at that time.

Thank you again for the response. We are working hard at Guesthouse Northgate Inn to correct all the situations.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We were a little hesitant to stay here because of the previous comments, but after searching around, this was the best value in town. The front desk employees were very friendly and polite, and the room we stayed in was very clean. Normally, I don't write these things, but after seeing the negative comments, I felt obliged to put my two cents in. I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in this area.

-Jim

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jcrickens
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

This was the worse place I have ever been to, I can't believe how horrid it was. It was GHETTO, the service and ppl seem to be unfriendly as I am asian and my companion was white. They just stood up and stared at us. Once we got to the rooms, it stenched like sewage and we GAGGED!! DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple