“Will definitely be going back!!!”
Review of Cafe 51

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

I stopped here the other day for the first time. It is in a nice little building right off the town square with a small sign so look close for it but once you find it you will love it. They offer cafeteria style offerings. They had several meats and vegetables to choose from. I chose the country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and Mac and cheese. You have choice of bread also. The food was piping hot and very delicious. I didn't know what to expect when I walked in but I am sure glad I did. It was less than $10 for 1 meat, 2 veggies, bread, and drink. I am spreading the word about this hidden gem!!!!!

2  Thank Bigdaddy71100

Reviewed 6 February 2012

if I am correct this is the restaurant we ate at late and it severed really good breakfast. We usually stop gambling very late and it is nice to have some where we can enjoy!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Found Cafe 51 from a link on Cafe Marie's Facebook page; have been to Cafe Marie and the food was excellent, so I thought I'd try it out. What a great lunch!!

Hamburger steak with brown gravy was delicious. Had to try the Mac-n-cheese and was definitely not disappointed -- it was perfect. The mashed potatoes were good smothered in the brown gravy and the chicken and dumplins (I had these as a side as I couldn't make up my mind) were delicious as well. My husband opted for the veggie plate - pinto beans, greens, sweet potatoes and mac-n-cheese (yes, mac-n-cheese IS a veggie!) He cleaned his plate, so that means everything was good!

Huge portions at this cafeteria-style restaurant, so come hungry. Staff was very friendly, lots of smiles -- always an added treat.

I will definitely be back! Don't pass up a chance to eat at Cafe 51!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is one of my favorite places to eat. The price is a bit high but it is very worth a try (or 2 or 3 or 100). Their meatloaf is one of my favorites as is the grilled (or broiled) catfish. They have amazing sides, especially the greens and sweet potatoes. You get a lot for your money so I am always too full to try desert but I hear it is very good also.

1  Thank Hernando33
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I can't believe this place doesn't have any reviews. This is one of the best home-cooking/soul food restaurant in the whole area! They have their specialty: fried chicken, every day, plus two or three other options, then a wide array of vegetables, and some deserts too. Everything is amazing. Search for them on Facebook, they usually post their specials every day!

1  Thank electricboots