La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Tampa Bay, FL
“Misleading!!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on January 19 and I was really expecting it to be really nice because most of the reviews on this website said that it was a really good hotel! Boy was I wrong, the staff are not friendly at all and very rude! My room smelled like a dog and before I was put in a room the front desk clerk assured me that they had separate rooms for pet friendly! That is not possible because I know my room smelled like wet dog. The only thing good about the stay was the breakfast. The breakfast was good and the attendant was nice, but I will not stay here again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Amerilenne E
ppittman, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Good Day Amerilenne E; I thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our property. All comments either positive or negative allow us to grow and get better everyday. I apologize that your stay was not what it should have been. As a pet friendly hotel/chain we strive to balance the needs of the traveler with pets and the traveler without. As with people who smoke in rooms that are none smoking; so do some people travel with pets and fail to notify us at check in that they do have pets. It is our property rule to have designated pet rooms so the desk clerk was correct in that and was not misleading you. I will also address the concerns that you had concerning the desk staff. Service is the utmost importance here at our property. I would like to speak with you further concerning this matter. Please contact me directly here at the property. Once again I apologize for your concerns and appreciate that you bought them to our attention. I hope we can change your mind with a future stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mississippi
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Arrived earlier than normal check in time but staff was very accommodating. Requested ground floor near exit and they were able to accommodate. The pool and hot tub areas are indoors and fantastic. Hot breakfast was available. Pet friendly at no additional fee. Nice grassy areas for exercising your pet. Free parking. Lots of shopping and restaurants near by. Free wireless. Only draw back, walls are very thin. Heard entire conversation with neighbors at 1am.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We checked this La Quinta out online before choosing it among several good options in the Southaven area.

The online advertised AARP/AAA rate was $82.80 for two queen beds, and as we were visiting a relative in the nearby hospital, we refrained from booking online in hopes of getting a reduction at the desk. Although we were told we would be given the hospital rate which was indeed lower than the AARP/AAA rate, our final invoice billed us at the AARP/AAA rate. So, lock in the price via online or in advance so there is no confusion.

Beyond that, the stay was very good. The first nonsmoking room we were placed in had been smoked in, but the desk manager on duty immediately remedied the situation with a different room, and unbelievably didn't require that we schlep the luggage down to the first floor to exchange room keys. Rather, quite kindly and considerately, he brought the keys to us - which I think is pretty much a new experience in our travels! Very nice.

The property was spotless, room service good, location convenient, beds very comfortable. All told, a good value for $80.00 or $82.80, plus taxes, either way.

Would return. Would book via internet to assure lowest cost.

Room Tip: Check online rates and compare with price quoted by front desk. Third floor, either side of hallway...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Nashville,TN
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I was in towm for a recruiting trip and had a great stay.
The service was great, I picked up dinner and visited the managers reception to enjoy the free drinks.
The front desk was very helpful with notifications as the recruiting canidates arrived.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Horn Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area? Share your experiences!