“Great location, clean hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Booked based on trip advisor reviews and overall we were happy.

Location is close to airport, major highway and places like Graceland and Stax studio. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby too.

Staff was friendly and helpful, quick check in. Rooms were spacious and clean, nice to have a fridge in room. Bed was comfortable and shower pressure was decent.

Rooms didn't seem great for soundproofing as we could hear people in next room and in the hallway. There are no in-room safes.

Breakfast buffet is decent.

Our first day there we didn't get housekeeping because (we were told) we had our do not disturb sign on doorknob. We had it off by 9am when we left for the day so not sure why they wouldn't come back or at least check to see if sign was gone.

Fitness center was nothing special. There is a gym a few minutes west on Goodman but I opted for the DAC about 10 minute drive east on Goodman.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I would definitely recommend the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Horn Lake. I love the location, the staff, and the cleanliness of the hotel. I'll be back soon. My office made a mistake with my reservation and the front desk clerk made sure we were taken care of. My check in went smoothly. I love the modern look and feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
ppittman, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review. Service means a great deal to us and we appreciate the feedback. I am glad we were able to assist you when you had a reservation mis-hap and made sure you were accomodated. Please come back and stay with us again and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Decided to stay here since we would be visiting Graceland ( 10 miles from site) the next day on our way back to Maryland. Had a king room on the first floor. Room was very clean and modern. We had a large flat screen tv. Our small dogs were welcome. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is located in an area with lots of shopping and restaurants. Area around hotel is very quiet and has some nice small grassy areas to walk the dogs. The free breakfast was very good - had waffles you could make yourself and hard boiled eggs plus regular continental breakfast food. I am very glad we decided to stay here rather than stay in Memphis.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
ppittman, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Blueberrykin,
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a great review of our property!! It is always great to get reviews from our guests either positive or negative. It allows us to gain valuable feedback to improve in the areas of quality and service. Once again, thank you so much and we hope to see you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on January 19 and I was really expecting it to be really nice because most of the reviews on this website said that it was a really good hotel! Boy was I wrong, the staff are not friendly at all and very rude! My room smelled like a dog and before I was put in a room the front desk clerk assured me that they had separate rooms for pet friendly! That is not possible because I know my room smelled like wet dog. The only thing good about the stay was the breakfast. The breakfast was good and the attendant was nice, but I will not stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Amerilenne E
ppittman, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Good Day Amerilenne E; I thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our property. All comments either positive or negative allow us to grow and get better everyday. I apologize that your stay was not what it should have been. As a pet friendly hotel/chain we strive to balance the needs of the traveler with pets and the traveler without. As with people who smoke in rooms that are none smoking; so do some people travel with pets and fail to notify us at check in that they do have pets. It is our property rule to have designated pet rooms so the desk clerk was correct in that and was not misleading you. I will also address the concerns that you had concerning the desk staff. Service is the utmost importance here at our property. I would like to speak with you further concerning this matter. Please contact me directly here at the property. Once again I apologize for your concerns and appreciate that you bought them to our attention. I hope we can change your mind with a future stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Arrived earlier than normal check in time but staff was very accommodating. Requested ground floor near exit and they were able to accommodate. The pool and hot tub areas are indoors and fantastic. Hot breakfast was available. Pet friendly at no additional fee. Nice grassy areas for exercising your pet. Free parking. Lots of shopping and restaurants near by. Free wireless. Only draw back, walls are very thin. Heard entire conversation with neighbors at 1am.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We checked this La Quinta out online before choosing it among several good options in the Southaven area.

The online advertised AARP/AAA rate was $82.80 for two queen beds, and as we were visiting a relative in the nearby hospital, we refrained from booking online in hopes of getting a reduction at the desk. Although we were told we would be given the hospital rate which was indeed lower than the AARP/AAA rate, our final invoice billed us at the AARP/AAA rate. So, lock in the price via online or in advance so there is no confusion.

Beyond that, the stay was very good. The first nonsmoking room we were placed in had been smoked in, but the desk manager on duty immediately remedied the situation with a different room, and unbelievably didn't require that we schlep the luggage down to the first floor to exchange room keys. Rather, quite kindly and considerately, he brought the keys to us - which I think is pretty much a new experience in our travels! Very nice.

The property was spotless, room service good, location convenient, beds very comfortable. All told, a good value for $80.00 or $82.80, plus taxes, either way.

Would return. Would book via internet to assure lowest cost.

Room Tip: Check online rates and compare with price quoted by front desk. Third floor, either side of hallway...