“Nice place to stay. Clean and comfortable”

Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Hebron, Illinois
“Nice place to stay. Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Drury Inn. We did not partake of the free meals because we came in late and slept in late. Nice location, easy to find and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was rather dirty and dark. We stayed in a regular king size room. The bed wiggled whenever we moved the slightest bit. I've never had this happen at a hotel. There were several large groups staying, 2 of which were birthday parties for children. The breakfast buffet was pretty much typical, scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, waffle maker. The bread selection was limited to white bread and bagels. There was a single cup coffee maker in the room, but only 1 packet to make. I did not request more from the front desk but I'm sure I could have. Water pressure in the shower was not the worst, but I've had much better. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kdon40508
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for your comments of your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel takes every guest's comments and concerns serious, and we will work hard to improve these areas of opportunity. We hope that your past stay does not deter you from frequenting one of our many hotels or giving us another chance in Memphis.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My boyfriend wanted to stay at Drury, because he had heard great things about the hotel chain. I loved the location, plenty of food choices around. Our room was clean, although I hated the outdated comforters. Around 10:30 pm we realized the heat wasn't working, a woman employee came to our room and tried to fix it, didn't work! She apologized and told us the hotel was booked and she couldn't move us, but offered extra blankets, that we never received. I wanted to go to the La Quinta behind it, which looked fairly new, but figured they were also booked. The room wasnt that cold so we stayed. The breakfast the next morning was ok. When we checked out we told the woman at the desk about our heat problem, and she refunded us $33 dollars..it made me feel a little better. All in all the only thing special about this hotel is free food.

• Stayed February 2012
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
I would like to take this time to thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my apology. I hope that concerns does not defer you from Drury Hotels being your choice of stay during further travels. Our hotel prides itself on providing great service to all our guests, and we would love for another chance to show you that.
Clinton, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

We plan to stay at Drury again. My best sleep ever was in a hotel was in Italy yrs ago, but Drury would have beaten that experience, if not for the noisy traffic on the front (still, turning on the AC made sleeping a dream).

The staff was helpful, friendly, and professional. I stayed in the lounge area and they were cleaning continuous. I don't know how much they make, but I would suggest a raise.

Staying at Drury was short notice, so I paid the full price, minus the military discount (big help).

Drury staff did a great job pushing the free dinner/drinks and breakfast. They should stop--the food was not that great, but there are many other locations to choose to eat.

I also liked that the location was easy to get into and out of, because the traffic is very heavy. We were very pleased with the decor and cleanliness of the room and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: get room away from the front, bring bottled water bc later on the drink fountain was closed, and go...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank E J
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

we first stayed at a Drury Inn in St. Louis in 2010. since we were traveling again in early 2012 we thought we'd give them a another try. I've paid twice as much for hotels and not received the same level of value as that Drury provides. This property is an older one it seemed but was well maintained. the room and beds were comfortable - my wife loved the bed comfort - the bathroom was spotless, the 5:30 kickback is quite different than any of their competitors. the breakfast was great - biscuits and gravy, french toast and sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, bagels etc. trust me, i'm not an employee or a shill for Drury but we've become fans of this chain and will be staying at 2 other properties while we are traveling this January. "You don't pay extra for the extras" is more than a jingle.

Room Tip: my only complaint with our stay was the noise from the road next to the hotel. i would highly recomm...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford,MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

No Lie, I am partial to Drury Hotels; they are my preferred chain when traveling. I typically go out of my way to stay at one. This Drury is no exception to the norm for the Drury Hotel Chain. I stayed here for pleasure this time as it was the closest available hotel to Oxford after a football game.

The staff was very accomodating, I had a very late arrival; they even offered me an incredible rate to stay on Sunday night..wish I had taken it...but I had to get back to work. I certainly appreciated them letting me checkout at 1:00PM on Sunday.

I always am refreshed to stay at one of these hotels over the other limited service hotels. It's nice to wake up to a free...very good breakfast. Other chains charge $17-20 for a similar breakfast.

Room Tip: All Drury Hotels are great..I've stayed in MANY. Your Dog is always welcomed if he's well be...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RebelforaCause
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Had to stay in this Drury Inn because the one in the north east part of town was booked. We will never go back to the more convienent and closer hotel. This was one was fabulous.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven? Share your experiences!