“Nope”
Review of Motel 6 Memphis

Motel 6 Memphis
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

For $55/night I usually expect the motel lobby to not have a weird smell if body odor and scum. I expect the motel to clean the dirt and leaves and wet stuff in the hallway and maybe not allow smoking in the hallway of non smoking rooms. I also expect to not see urine stains at the bottom of the toilet and not be afraid to touch anything in case I get a disease. This place is smelly and dirty and sticky and old and falling apart. For the price it should be clean and updated.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Skinner5555

Reviewed 9 June 2013

To begin, the check inn process was great, greeted by very friendly staff. The rooms there are well kept, with a very friendly cleaning staff as well. They deffinitely take pride in there establishment. The rate of this place was great, and were very informative when it came to info about the surrounding are... Despite all that, I mistaking left my laptop by there complimentary coffee, which was a great cup a joe, and shortly upon leaving they called me and told me about what I had left behind. Overall I would gladly stay here again knowing the patronage and integrity they have with this location. Thanks again for the great stay and hope to visit soon!!!

Room Tip: this location is outstanding. Whatever room you are assigned should be great!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I went to this hotel for a weekend getaway with my kids. AC was broken, dog in the pool, hair in the tub, towels stained with who knows what, floors stained, sheets stained. The housekeeping lady knocked on the door and before I could say "come in", she was in! Just used her key and entered. Good we had our clothes on or she would have had an eye full...and it may be what she was intending. There was toothpaste residue from the previous guest...yada, yada, yada. This hotel used to be really nice, but had gone down over the years. If you go, good luck!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Kingskid1201
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The beds were very old and uncomfortable and the mattress were coming apart at the seams (literally because I checked). The linen was also very old and worn and the towels were small and very thin. We have stayed at other Motel 6 over our 8 week trip in the USA and have found the others quite good. This one was supposed to have been "refreshed" in the last 5 years, maybe the outside but NOT inside. All of the internal areas of the motel were very worn and not "refreshed".

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wearytraveller90210
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Dirty sheets and bed linen , half empty cups of coffee still littering the room and unfriendly staff , better value elsewhere

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2010

A friend and our 2 nine year olds stayed here one night for the Justin Beiber concert in Memphis. There was a total of 4 of us in a room with 2 beds. There was only 2 towels in the room, so I went down stairs to ask for 2 more towels and was told there was no towels but if I wanted to gather up our towels and bring them down there they could be washed. Not very helpful or pleasant. The carpet in our room was stained and nasty, the hallways and elevators reaked of stale cigarette smoke and the whole place just felt nasty. I know you get what you pay for, but I at least expect cleanliness, courtesy, and a towel for each of us. We will not be staying here again, so no need to leave the light on for us!!!!

Teresa Parsons

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank teresapars
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We have stayed in alot of the motel 6 chain and found them very good. This one is quiet and clean in an excellent location, For visits Graceland, sun studios and lorraine motel(M L King). Free WIFI and helpful staff, good restraunts nearby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple