“A feast for the eyes and the stomach”
Review of Bridges-Hall Manor

Bridges-Hall Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houston
Bridges-Hall Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Houston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Bridges Hall is chock full of art, antiques, beautiful oriental rugs, interesting books and the eclectic collections of it's thoroughly delightful owner, Carol. It is very clean, inviting in every way and Carol makes you feel like an old friend. Carol also happens to be an incredible cook and her breakfasts are excellent. We stayed two nights as we explored the tanglefoot trail and the Natchez Trace and hated to leave. We highly recommend Bridges Bay.

Room Tip: Does not have fitness or swim pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Bridges Hall is a beautiful home and Carol is a most gracious host. My companion and I stayed here before biking the Tanglefoot Trail. The room was great, the breakfast was outstanding, and the hospitality was beyond compare. The location for biking the Tanglefoot is perfect. There is food and supplies close by and the parking lot is large enough to leave your car (with permission) while you explore the area. I can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Our stay last night was so comfortable and relaxing. Carol made us feel right at home. Her breakfast was amazing - eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole, biscuits, fresh fruit, oatmeal. Southern hospitality at its best! Carol's sense of style shows in the personal furnishings she has displayed around the house. Great experience!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The B&B was great & our host was awesome! Lots of interesting items in the house to look at & Carol really took care of us. The breakfast she made was unreal!! Total southern hospitality!
Just a few miles off the Trace and you're there. If you stay in Houston, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I considered making an entry in Wikipedia for the term "Southern Hospitality" and just putting a picture of Carol at this house under it. I really can't say enough good things about her in a review. When I read other people's reviews saying how they felt at home here I felt like they stole my thunder. I wanted to say how welcome and at home I felt here!
I'm generally not a big fan of B&Bs. This was the only one I'd ever stayed at where I really did feel totally comfortable. I've since discovered one more like this, but it's in Ireland, so Bridges-Hall Manor still has no stateside competition as far as I've found.
Carol is THE most gracious, sweet, kind hostess I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She has the perfect personality for owning a B&B. As for the breakfast... WOW. Eggs, bacon, cheesy potatoes, grits, biscuits, fresh fruit... Can I say "Wow" again? I had tried grits exactly once before and never wanted to experience them again. After Carol's grits, I'm a convert. Although I'm guessing that she's now spoiled me and no one else's grits will ever measure up.
Her home is every bit as gracious and welcoming as Carol is. She has seen to every little detail to make sure you have what you might want. Books, movies, microwave popcorn, cold drinks, hot drinks, even mints on the nightstand. She greeted me with homemade zucchini bread that was sooooooo good! The bed was comfy; the linens had lace trim; the house was spotless; the antiques beautiful. If I'm ever anywhere near this area again you can bet that I'm going to stay here.
If you're biking on the Trace, Carol will let you secure the bikes on the screened-in porch too.

I submitted the information to get this B&B listed on Tripadvisor back in April but never received the email telling me it was up. I was surprised it wasn't already here at the time, but that's why my review is being posted so late after my visit. You may also have read this review on another site because I just had to post it somewhere!

Just to put this in perspective, it takes a lot for me to rate something 5 stars. I'm one of those that tries to save the top ratings for places that really deserve them. I can happily and whole heartedly recommend Bridges-Hall Manor.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Been to Bridges-Hall Manor? Share your experiences!