“BB King Blues Museum”

B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Indianola
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were VERY impressed with this museum. The interpretation, the collection, the physical structure all were very well done. We stopped before heading to the blues festival in Clarksdale and just had no idea of the local history of BB King in that location. The interpretative video was really very well done and its use throughout the exhibit was top rate. We learned a lot from a very knowledgable and helpful staff about the music as well as the lifestyles that help birth the blues. Highly recommend this museum that we would have missed but for our local friends! Well worth a trip if you have any interest in roots music - and the history of the U.S.

3  Thank Mkjohnsen

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stopped here on a whim after leaving Memphis and Clarksdale, MS where we had toured other blues musuems and attractions including Graceland and we thought, why not check this out as it was on our route. Good move! It's very nicely done and there's good exhibits and even interactive guitars,etc. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much time to spend there so we didn't get to linger much. One thing that really stood out was a state of the art theater setup with great speakers and great acoustics where a film plays with BB King playing,etc. The sound was great and it was awesome. It's a shame that Graceland couldn't do something this nice for some of their Elvis stuff, but nothing there rivals this in any way. Nicely done!

2  Thank lakepirate
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This museum was a planned stop on our trip. It was much more than I expected. I learned so much about the history of the delta. This information combined with all of the musical history of BB and the region was awesome! The museum itself was beautiful.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The museum has really captured the essence of what delta blues music is all about- easy to maneuver around AND then after you finish there drive into Leland, MS on Hwy. (20 mins.) and visit the Hwy. 61 Blues Museum ($5 fee), a little rough around the edges but lots of good information about the local talent AND then have the best steak ever at Doe's Eat Place (Hinds St.) in Greenville, MS, another 20 mins.- For $48 you can get 2 lbs. bone in sirloin that can be shared by two-this place has around since 1941-

1  Thank Stan J
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

It was worth the stop I suppose. It was $12 each for the two of us, which I thought was a tad high but the museum is in a very nice building so I would imagine there is a lot of overhead....anyway it tells a lot about BB King's life from birth to stardom. I wasn't a big fan of his and I am still not so much because blues isn't my favorite kind of music, however, I have a great respect for the man now and I now have a little more appreciation of blues music and what it has brought to the world.

1  Thank bamacop83