“Great Museum!”

Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
Ranked #2 of 56 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Meet over 200 living species in our 100,000 gallon aquarium network. See native reptiles, fishes, and amphibians! Explore an entire wall of fossil specimens, Zygorhiza, Mosasaurus, and a giant Sloth. Check out deer, waterfowl, and Mississippi's endangered species exhibits. The Preschool Discovery Room features colorful murals and an iconic, giant treehouse with a slide. Plus, two miles of outdoor walking trails that wind through natural habitats. The museum was named the "2014 Escape to the Southeast Travel Attraction of the Year" by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a great museum. It is inexpensive & informative. I loved the aquariums, exhibits, and especially the reptiles!

1  Thank eldragon

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was a nice place. Lots to look at. My husband & I went just for fun & we are glad we went. Worth the trip. Only $5 per person!!

1  Thank PeggWindham
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Had a few hours to kill before my delayed flight so I decided to check out the museum. I thought admission was pretty inexpensive but then realized there wasn't that much to see. I was disappointed in the lack of exhibits. Maybe I'm used to bigger museums but felt the two headed snake was the highlight of the museum.

2  Thank Betsy O
Reviewed 3 August 2013

museum is very well done. Many visuals for those who aren't interested in reading, but enough details for those to learn more if desired. Live animals and dioramas. The largest rattlesnake I ever want to see! Great walking path to experience the ecology. We enjoyed our visit and highly recommend visiting.

4  Thank Jenifer J
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I found this to be very interesting! It was a great day! So informative. I would definitely go back.