“Complete Southern Hospitality”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We got to Jackson a little early and were charmed by Fairview Inn. They got our room ready and showed us around the property. I enjoyed the guest lounge and the pool table on the second floor. Our room was on the second floor and we needed to use the old elevator for our bags. Everything was geared to making us feel at home. We ate in the restaurant that evening and it eas quite good as well. I highly recommend both the Inn and its restaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building where the rooms are comfortable but reflect the older character of th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JERRY690
There are newer reviews for Fairview Inn

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Fairview Inn is absolutely wonderful! Ellery is guest relations is so helpful, pleasant, and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, well-kept, and beautifully decorated. The bathrooms are huge and fit for a spa. The staff is so amazing. They make you feel like family. The food is delicious! But fit in time for a workout because it is also decadent. I'm only hesitant to write this review because I want to keep this place all to myself! There's nothing negative I can say about this hidden, cozy pocket of southern elegance.

Room Tip: I like the Asian Suite but they are all gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our 1st stay @ a B/B. This property Is the standard to which other B/Bs should aspire. We were treated as if we were trusted friends or family. Our introduction to the available/included amenities was a pleasant surprise; complete with a freshly baked cake & all the coffees or teas or other liquids we cared to consume. The first view of the roon was mouth-dropping & we felt we'd stepped back into a time of splendor & grace. We took a leisurely walk in the early evening thru their well kept, historic neighborhood & felt fully at ease & safe - a gigantic plus for Seniors, these days.
In summation, we don't think anyone that has an appreciation of historic preservation &/or Southern hospitality could find fault with this "Fairview Inn".

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed one night at this incredible inn and in many respects it was the height of our visit to the South. This is a truly magnificent property. The manicured grounds are impressive and the rooms are nothing short of spectacular. The restaurant (1908 Provisions) offers an intimate dining experience. The Fairview Inn is on the higher end of our price range but a valid excuse to splurge.

One negative (and this was a major issue) has to do with the office staff. Several inexcusable errors were made that made us think there is nobody overseeing the operational side of things to the high standards of this magnificent property. First we received an email several days prior to our arrival addressed to another guest welcoming us to the Fairview Inn. Then the day before our arrival we were deluged with a relentless flood of phone calls questioning our credit card. This was all cleared up upon our arrival but the volume of messages received on this issue was disruptive and unwarranted. Then after departing the next morning using their express check-out, we noticed the total charges pending to our credit card were substantially over the stated room rate + taxes. I assumed they had double-billed us for our dinner in their restaurant which was not charged to our room. When I questioned our bill via email the office explained that there is always an extra $100 added "provisionally" until the account is finalized. I assume this is until the room has been checked for damages. All-in-all the whole experience gave me the firm impression the office staff is a loose cannon and not operating in the interests of the clientele. Keep in mind this is a five star property. We were treated as though we were staying in a third rate flophouse.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mascalzone
Innkeeper-Jackson, Owner at Fairview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

While we are certainly pleased that the reviewer enjoyed the facilities and grounds, I am only sorry they did not bring to my attention their concerns when I met them making rounds at dinner.
I believe the fact that we were unable to get approval on the guest credit card prior to arrival, was the reason for the phone calls to the guest. As with all guests, we do charge one nights room & tax on the credit card provided, prior to arrival. Upon check-in we pre-authorize their card for incidental charges they may incur. If not used, this authorization is released by their bank. Our office staff pride themselves on being as meticulous as possible in making sure all correspondence is accurate. I am only sorry in this reviewer's opinion, we fell short of exceeding their expectations.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great location, quiet setting. We have stayed here several times and have always stayed in a different suite, each if them have their own charm. Would highly recommend for adults. A definite 10. We only stay at the Fairview Inn when we are in Jackson. Breakfast is excellent. Worth the price for this first class bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet. There is not a bad room in our minds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I got married over the holidays (December 2013), and my entire out-of-town family from New York stayed at the Fairview Inn, in total I think we had about 10 rms in the Inn. They could not have been happier with my choice for their accommodations. They were amazed at the beauty of the Inn, the extremely helpful and friendly staff, and the phenomenal breakfast! The Inn itself is gorgeous, and we also spent quite a bit of time in The Library bar -- which btw, is not to be missed if you appreciate STELLAR COCKTAILS and a very classy atmosphere!! The Fairview staff took amazing care of everyone, and everyone loved the charming rooms. I want to personally thank the staff for their hospitality and graciousness. They could not have been more lovely or more welcoming/accommodating. I had other friends who had a reservation at another hotel that got bungled, and they found them a room at the last minute. HUGE help, and my friends thought the Inn was awesome! Also, the night of our wedding, my husband and I stayed in the French room (they upgraded us to this larger room for free), and we LOVED it. So gorgeous, very clean and spacious, and quite romantic. I will forever recommend the Fairview Inn to any visitors to Jackson. It is one of the most unique and lovely B&B's I've ever stayed in, and the staff was marvelous. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY FAMILY'S FIRST TRIP TO JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE!!! :)

Room Tip: We loved the French room, as it had a fireplace as well as a HUGE jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have stayed at the Fairview Inn on numerous occasions and, without exception, have had excellent service. Plus, my rooms have always been spotless and with full amenities. The staff has been nothing by polite, helpful and have, on two stays, gone out of their way to assist me with special needs even when I didn't e-mail ahead to request them. I think mellisajoseph1 must have some sort of grudge against the proprietors. I have known them for two decades and Tamar is a very kind, friendly and warm individual. Peter is a fine English-born gentleman would wouldn't say bull if he were standing in a pile of it. This is a wonderful place to stay and the prior review should be ignored since it was obviously written by a demented, bitter individual. They wouldn't be in business if their Inn was this bad, as surely someone would have closed them down by now. You can stay there with confidence.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been recently updated and are in perfect condition. Look at the pictures and pic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family