“A step back in time - Fine dining in the 50's”
Review of Walker's

Walker's
Ranked #1 of 383 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Estherville, Iowa
“A step back in time - Fine dining in the 50's”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

As we entered Walkers it was like taking a step back into the 50's.The building still evokes the charm of its origins with black and white tile floor, 50's booths and most likely it's original bar and counter stools.The dining room is on the smallish side,so if you like quiet conversation you should avoid the 7-8 p. m rush.
We ordered the Veal and Lobster Kathy and the Redfish with crab meat!
The diner rolls were fluffy and delicious.
The Caesar salad was very good, we probably would have been fine splitting a half salad , as they are generous in size.
Upon the recommendations of other reviewers we ordered the truffle fries which were plentiful and very good!
The red fish was mild and flaky served with a lemon butter sauce, green beans and mashed potatoes were the sides all of which were tasty.
The Veal was tender and flavorful!

In addition to the plentiful variety of selections on the menu there were many other dinner specials for the night, Walkers is very deserving of its high rating among Jackson eateries.

• Visited November 2013

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Fun lunch!!!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great place for a casual lunch in Jackson. Shrimp Po Boy was outstanding, wait-staff was friendly and courteous. Would recommend to one and all.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sheila S
Jackson, Mississippi
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Walker's is by far one of the best restaurants in the Jackson area. Located in the heart of the Fondren district, Walker's decor and atmosphere adds to the excellent food. I am originally from the coast and was thrilled to have delicious crab claws and fresh fish cooked to perfection. The redfish with lump crabmeat is an excellent choice. We also had the portabello fries for an atmosphere--a must have for any mushroom lover. We will definitely be visiting Walker's for our next special meal!

• Visited October 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I was in town for business and visited Walkers after seeing the reviews. I was not disappointed. To the contrary, I had one of the best meals I've ever eaten while on the road. My bone-in ribeye was perfect and tasty, my desert was awesome (fried pie). And while I ate much (maybe too much), I didn't have that heavy feeling that accompanies overly rich foods. The atmosphere was nice: a cool mix of modern with old diner architecture. The easily accommodated me at the bar, but I showed up around 6. I could see it being tough to get a nice spot without a reservation, particularly with cooler weather rolling in to limit patio seating. I will definitely revisit if back in town.

• Visited October 2013
Wheaton, Illinois
“Really solid!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the best restaurant in Jackson...no argument can be made against it. I have been there four time while traveling and each time had been great. Their food is fresh, not too fancy or out there and always hits the spot. For dinner I have had the Grouper and Gulf Shrimp. For lunch try the shrimp po boy or the turkey burger. The only downside is parking at lunchtime can be a real pain.

• Visited July 2013