“Better than last time, but that's not saying a lot”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our last visit to this hotel was during a time when the city was working on water mains and hotel water had a brown hue. This time, the water was usable, but valet parking help was not to be found. Evidently, on a busy weekend night with downtown events, they only have one valet person working and our car sat on the street for 3 hours before being moved. Room was average and mostly quiet, bed was very firm. Not that it is the hotel's fault, but downtown Jackson is a wasteland on weekends. Most downtown streets are torn up and only one lane is open - lIke driving in a minefield. We'll probably look for another place next time. Front desk totally ignored my AARP card, and the desk clerk may have said 3 words during check in.

1  Thank TennesseeTraveler123
tripin1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Tennessee Travel;

Thank you for your return visit and posting on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to hear we didnt deliver on our normal stellar service, and apologize to you. I sent a personal note and perhaps we or my team can discuss your concerns, as we well certainly address your comments with our team here. Thanks, John and team.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Several yellow urine drops on toilet seat. No light bulb in lamp by phone when trying to turn on to call front desk to report problem. Carpet smelled like someone had gotten sick and big rectangle patch of carpet in front of television. Restaurant very good.

1  Thank Bruce M

Dear Bruce;

Thank you for your recent visit to Jackson and stay with us. I was very disappointed to see the issues you encountered, and certainly will be investigating this further. We do much better, and I hope to have the opportunity to prove this ahead. I sent a personal email to you to discuss further. I know Heather and her team strive to deliver top notch cleanliness and service, and can only hope this was a missed room, or system glitch. Hoping to speak with you soon. John and team.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Check in was at 4PM, I got to my room at 4:45 PM. Asked for two beds, got one. Sign said self parking was full, please use valet. Parking was not full. Bed was very uncomfortable, firmness selector did not work. Pillow top worn out on head and foot. Towels and coffee left for only one person, both days. Gorgeous hotel, but all show, no go. Could not see bottom of pool, water was so cloudy. No free breakfast available and breakfast room service not available. Parking cost $14 a day. Will not stay there again. They ruined my 38th Anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, find a different hotel.
1  Thank 1809MS

Thank you for your recent stay and post on Tripadvisor. From our guest feedback, we make corrections as needed to our operation. I was very disappointed to see we failed you during a recent visit. I sent you a personally email to discuss further and resolve to your satisfaction. My apologies, we can and do much better !

John and team.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

When my wife made reservations to the old King Edward Hotel I was unsure of what we were in for, but from the time the valet took our car those apprehensions disappeared.
Service - impeccable, from front desk to bar to housekeeping.
My wife had inadvertently made the reservation for the wrong day. Anthony at the front desk helped us solve our problem in short order and we were on our way up to roomy and comfortable accommodations. When we called for extra towels, housekeeping was there in a jiffy. The bar staff and restaurant servers were friendly and super hospitable.
All in all, if we need a hotel close to downtown Jackson, we'll choose Hilton Garden Inn again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank natchezms

We do appreciate your recent visit and great review on Tripadivsor. We are glad we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your visit with us. I will thank the team, and especially Anthony at the desk, for assisting you with your reservation. We hope to have you back soon.

Team Jackson

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I Accompanied my husband with 2 granddaughters to this hotel for a meeting. I was a little apprehensive about the location at first because I'm not as familiar with downtown Jackson as I once was. I felt perfectly safe as we arrived at the hotel. We were met at the curb with valet parking by very efficient & courteous staff. Everyone we encountered was much the same. The indoor pool was small but adequate. The lobby was beautiful and the renovation was done extremely well. Food service in the lobby was great. The work on Capitol St. Was inconvenient but did not affect the hotel service at all. I plan to come back when the street construction is done to enjoy the full effect of this great hotel!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We thank you for your recent visit and positive posting to Tripadvisor. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Historic King Edward HGI - Jackson. We hope to see you back soon. John and team Jackson.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was certainly a very nice, clean hotel. However, the entire staff were absoluelty dynamic. I have never experienced a more hospitable atmosphere. In regards to the true Southern Hospitality, this place had no room for imporovement - REALLY!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Billy S

Dear Billy,

Thank you for your too kind comments on our facility and our southern hospitality. We'll share this with our team and continue to deliver great service to our visitors. Hope to see you back soon.

John and team.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This Inn is in a historic downtown hotel building which makes it unique and wonderful. Three cheers for the great restoration. Wonderful lobby, bar and restaurants. Friendly staff. Fine rooms and amenities. Short walk to downtown locations and independent restaurants. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
tripin1, VP HRI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear William;

Jets or Giants ? Thanks for your recent visit to our hotel, and thanks for your kind comments on our Outstanding Property. Yes, the HRI lodging team did a wonder job with the restoration of this King Edward Historic facility in the heart of Jackson. I was glad to hear too you were able to visit some of the great nearby restaurants. We look forward to your next Jackson visit.

John Cario - GM / VP - HRI Lodging