“Best Hamburger”

Ranked #19 of 394 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brent's Drugs opened as a neighborhood drugstore and soda fountain in 1946. Today, its retains the original charm operates as a pharmacy-free diner. The soda fountain and classic bar stools remain in the original 1946 location and are still a gathering place for friends and neighbors alike. Over 68 years after its opening, Brent's Drugs continues to prescribe soda fountain favorites, unique gifts and Southern hospitality. Breakfast is served at 6:30 AM Monday-Friday and 8:00 AM on Saturday, while lunch is served 10:00-5:00 Monday through Saturday, staying open until 8:00 PM for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Open from 10:00-2:00 on Sundays.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The absolute best hamburger in Jackson and the best atmosphere! The shakes are really good and so is the chicken salad!

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped by to check this place out on a Monday afternoon. We purchased shakes, fries and chicken salad and all were great.Kid friendly.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Be prepared for your clothes to smell like a diner when you leave. Apparently the cook top does not exhaust to the outside.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I actually wasn't at Brent's, I was at Apothecary, but I'm guessing they charged my American Express as Brents! At any rate, the food was fabulous. I had tater tots with three dipping sauces, the one that left a lasting memory was the spicy ketchup. I also had the sliders which were amazing. My friend at the bar also made a fantabulous grapefruit virgin drink for me. They're real mixologist in there!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I had not been in Brent's in a while and met some friends there today for lunch. So surprised that you are trying to change the atmosphere in Brent's. where are the hamburger buns (the real ones). I did not like the rolls that you were serving. That is not Bren't. where are the krinkle fries? Why mess up a good thing. where are all the ladies that used to work there. Brent's was a wonderful and fun place to go. I noticed that the customers were different than what it used to be. I am surprised that you want to change knowing that it was such a unique place. All of the photos are gone. I don't think we will be back. So sad. Also my hamburger was burnt and that is not normal. Also prices went way up. This is not the fun place anymore.

1  Thank Bumbee4005