“Excellent!”
Review of Parlor Market

Parlor Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Parlor Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Farish
Description: Located in the heart of Jackson’s revitalized downtown area, Parlor Market specializes in Seasonal Southern cuisine, drawing inspiration and ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and deep rooted traditions. Parlor Market preserves the history of downtown Jackson with rich marble, original brick, and Antebellum wood dating back to 1858. Enjoy a pre-prohibition cocktail, a glass of Southern wine, or a beer from our extensive Southern beer list or fresh seafood from our marble topped oyster and ceviche bar. Let our team of award winning chefs inspire you with their creative dishes in our open kitchen. The Parlor Market ambiance, experience and service are unparalleled.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A large group of colleagues and I went to Parlor Market on a weekday night for dinner. We were lucky to sit just in front of the kitchen- where you get a cool view of the line and prep cooks. The menu was simple but had lots of things I was looking to try. I split the "pigs and corn" as an appetizer and had the Rabbit as my entree. What sold me on the rabbit was the dill carrot purée which was excellent. The cocktails were absolutely fantastic, and I let the bartender get creative for one of my drinks- he didn't disappoint. We ate a few meals in Jackson, be sure not to miss Parlor Market on your next visit (I won't on my next trip into town!)

2 Thank Adrianna S

Jackson, Mississippi
“Love their lunch poboy and the fresh gulf catch”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Excellent upscale restaurant in downtown Jackson. I usually go there for lunch and am rarely dissappointed. I usually order the daily poboy or the fresh gulf catch which is usually flounder or redfish. Excellent meal!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank LouisW107
Tyler
“Amazing menu”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Amazing menu. Small, amazing, delishcious portions of divine food. I had the scallop special. it was exceptional. It was a small portion, but the flavors were very unique and excellent. The person at the next table had the pork chop and it was a huge serving. So... you have a very diverse menu. They have signature cocktails and a very nice wine list. This is a must for Fine - Upscale dining for those who love to try something unique.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 129thecatsmeow
Jackson, Mississippi, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lunch is great”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

eat here for lunch while working downtown. great deal. my favs are thursday pot roast and friday ribs.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mtbmtb01
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best restaurant in MS”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place is fabulous. I go there every time I'm in Jackson. As good as the top New Orleans restaurants or at least on par with. Everything there is good, the gumbo, the burgers, the scallops, all of it. Very nice atmosphere too.

Visited September 2013