“Decent rooms, good breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cabot Lodge Millsaps
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Central Florida, Florida
“Decent rooms, good breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The full breakfast buffet in the hotel's "lodge" is the best feature (there was also a nightly cocktail hour, but I didn't go).

Rooms are OK; a little tired-looking perhaps, but not bad. My only complaint was that my room's heating unit, each time it came on, sounded like the steam boilers firing up on the Titanic. That is to say, it came on quite loudly then settled down - which woke me in the night a couple of times.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
We wish to thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps in February. We do like to hear what our Guests think about our facility and services.

I am sorry for the disturbance of the noisy Air Condition unit. I am sure that issue has been corrected.

Ronnie Roe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a reasonably priced property in a prime location. Full breakfast is served in the morning and a cocktail time from 5:30-7:30 in the evening featuring free drinks, popcorn, and the occasional hot munchie. Two drawbacks; a postage stamp bathroom that created some logistical problems, and a lack of quality eating establishments close to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments of Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We do appreciate hearing from our Guests and what they think about our facility and services.

Unfortunately, the guest bathrooms are not a large area but they are adequate.

We do hope that if you visit Jackson in the future that you will allow us to serve you.

Sincerely

General manager
Deep South
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Right next to Millsaps College and the Medical Center, this is a really good hotel. Not plush, just very good. Walked into a crowded lobby and was checked in and inside my room in less than three minutes. Of course, it helped that my room was right around the corner, but it was still the most efficient check-in I've ever experienced. It's a remodeled Holiday Inn and it was done right. Like another reviewer noted, it's like staying in a big old lodge. Very comfortable beds, decent bathroom, truly high-speed Internet, excellent breakfast. I was there the weekend of a fraternity state convention and I expected to be up all night because of noise. Never heard it. I'll go back there without hesitation on my next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tupelodan
Dear TupeloDAn:

Thank you for your review of the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire Staff and I are very pleased that we satisfied our True Boss, the Hotel Guest. It is always a pleasure to know what our Guests think about our facility and services.

We do hope to see you on a return visit soon.

Laurel, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Prime location for the medical corridor... Price was slightly high but the rooms were good and the lobby area was very comfy. Free drinks every evening and the free breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay here again if needed and would recommend this hotel to friends/family.

• Stayed January 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I started 2013 by going to Jackson to run the marathon and booked my room knowing nothing about this hotel other than it included breakfast and free internet.

As a runner, who was leaving town shortly after the race, I always try to plead for the latest possible checkout so I can get a quick shower before I head out (and I don't always get one). So the first surprise was when I checked in, asked for a late checkout and was told that they were already giving all runners a 1 pm checkout, which was more than enough for me since I figured to be done by 11 am.

Then I was told that there were complimentary drinks from 5:30-7:30 every night, which is always well received!

When I asked about what time the breakfast was on race day (it was a 7 am race) I was told that they were opening the breakfast buffet at 5:30 so runners could eat (or grab something for later in my case) before the race. Another thoughtful surprise!

As for the rest...the room was large, clean and had a comfortable bed with nice linens. It was quiet even full of runners and a college basketball team visiting the city. They have a fitness room but I never saw it. The breakfast was a great buffet with hot and cold options including lots of fruit.

So, this place anticipated my needs (late checkout, early breakfast), offered great amenities, and made for a comfortable choice that I would easily stay at again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Powel C
CAMARILLO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Traveling through Jackson, we stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. I agree with a previous reviewer about the lady at the front desk. She is very nice and efficient. The hotel looks like a mountain lodge. The rooms are clean enough and the bathroom very small, but the first -and worst - thing I noticed as we were walking down the hall to our room was that the place smelled very moldy. The hallway and our room had such a strong odor that I had to keep telling myself that I was there for only one night and it wasn't worth it spending time trying to change hotels.
I guess if you can get past the smell it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Doyline, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

My husband and I stayed one night due to the need to see a physician in that area as opposed to going all the way back to Memphis, TN. I must say the facility is old, but don't let that stop you. The Lobby, Staff and Breakfast Bar were wonderful surprises since this was not supposed to be a "fancy" hotel. It was decorated for Christmas with a beautiful tree and roaring fireplace with lots of cozy seating areas. The breakfast offered a huge variety including fruit, which I personally love. The staff could not have been more gracious and friendly. They have a "social" in the evenings that seemed very nice; including light foods and drinks, but we didn't know partake in that. The rooms were nice though the bathroom was pretty small. This was not really a drawback for us however, because the bed was VERY comfortable and that's all we really were worried about. It was also a very QUIET facility. We heard no noice from our room until guests began to get up the next morning and slammed doors; that's mostly a problem with people just being selfish and not caring about other guests. Since I get up really early, it wasn't an issue for me personally. Honestly, the ONLY negative thing I can say is that our King Room on the 3rd floor smelled heavily of cigarette smoke and it was a nonsmoking room. I realize the Management can't control the ignorance of some guests, but since I am allergic it was an issue. I made it through the night and the Desk Clerk was upset that I hadn't given her the opportunity to move us to another room, but I had allergy medicine to ease the symptoms. Lord willing, we will definitely stay here again on any return trips.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple