“I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have a loved one at UMMC.”

Cabot Lodge Millsaps
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have a loved one at UMMC.”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had to fly to Jackson because our son is in the military and had emergency surgery. We were able to catch a ride from the airport, and therefore did not rent a car.

We were able to walk to the hospital everyday without any problems. You do have to cross through a large intersection but there are crosswalks. I didn't see any hotels that were closer. The sidewalks in some areas are a little funky but still walkable.

The buffet breakfast is wonderful! Eggs, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit, juice, bagels, muffins, and a coffee/tea/hot chocolate area available 24 hours a day. In the evening there is frsh popped popcorn and some kind of beer/wine -complimentary.

When our son was discharged from the hospital we brought him to the hotel overnight. They brought us an extra bed - it arrived to our room before we got upstairs. We then sat in the lobby for hours near the fireplace enjoying popcorn and hot chocolate. I can't ever remember enjoying a hotel lobby as much as we did there. Also, it was wonderful to see our son finally able to relax after being hospitalized.

For supper, there is a Wendy's right in back of the hotel that you can walk to in a minute. Also the hospital has a Subway, McDonald's and a Chick Filet (sp?). There's also a hip Italian place just past the hospital called Sal's or something similar to that.

The staff was all very helpful and friendly. It may be a tad more expensive than other branded hotels but it's seriously worth the couple extra bucks to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
Greenville, MS
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We took a "Ladies weekend out" trip. Four best friends and we visit the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The customer service was excellent, front desk clerk, Ms. Sherri. We would like to say thank you Ms. Sherri for your excellent customer service while we stayed the weekend at the hotel.
Ohh.. the happy hour from 5:00 - 7:00 was enjoyable including the wonderful breakfast each morning. Overall it was excellent

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
All of us at Cabot Lodge Millsaps thank you for you comments concerning your "Ladies Weekend Out" trip to Jackson, MS. I will especially let Sherri know your comments.

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The full breakfast buffet in the hotel's "lodge" is the best feature (there was also a nightly cocktail hour, but I didn't go).

Rooms are OK; a little tired-looking perhaps, but not bad. My only complaint was that my room's heating unit, each time it came on, sounded like the steam boilers firing up on the Titanic. That is to say, it came on quite loudly then settled down - which woke me in the night a couple of times.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
We wish to thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps in February. We do like to hear what our Guests think about our facility and services.

I am sorry for the disturbance of the noisy Air Condition unit. I am sure that issue has been corrected.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a reasonably priced property in a prime location. Full breakfast is served in the morning and a cocktail time from 5:30-7:30 in the evening featuring free drinks, popcorn, and the occasional hot munchie. Two drawbacks; a postage stamp bathroom that created some logistical problems, and a lack of quality eating establishments close to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments of Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We do appreciate hearing from our Guests and what they think about our facility and services.

Unfortunately, the guest bathrooms are not a large area but they are adequate.

We do hope that if you visit Jackson in the future that you will allow us to serve you.

Sincerely

General manager
Deep South
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Right next to Millsaps College and the Medical Center, this is a really good hotel. Not plush, just very good. Walked into a crowded lobby and was checked in and inside my room in less than three minutes. Of course, it helped that my room was right around the corner, but it was still the most efficient check-in I've ever experienced. It's a remodeled Holiday Inn and it was done right. Like another reviewer noted, it's like staying in a big old lodge. Very comfortable beds, decent bathroom, truly high-speed Internet, excellent breakfast. I was there the weekend of a fraternity state convention and I expected to be up all night because of noise. Never heard it. I'll go back there without hesitation on my next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tupelodan
Dear TupeloDAn:

Thank you for your review of the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire Staff and I are very pleased that we satisfied our True Boss, the Hotel Guest. It is always a pleasure to know what our Guests think about our facility and services.

We do hope to see you on a return visit soon.

Laurel, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Prime location for the medical corridor... Price was slightly high but the rooms were good and the lobby area was very comfy. Free drinks every evening and the free breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay here again if needed and would recommend this hotel to friends/family.

• Stayed January 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I started 2013 by going to Jackson to run the marathon and booked my room knowing nothing about this hotel other than it included breakfast and free internet.

As a runner, who was leaving town shortly after the race, I always try to plead for the latest possible checkout so I can get a quick shower before I head out (and I don't always get one). So the first surprise was when I checked in, asked for a late checkout and was told that they were already giving all runners a 1 pm checkout, which was more than enough for me since I figured to be done by 11 am.

Then I was told that there were complimentary drinks from 5:30-7:30 every night, which is always well received!

When I asked about what time the breakfast was on race day (it was a 7 am race) I was told that they were opening the breakfast buffet at 5:30 so runners could eat (or grab something for later in my case) before the race. Another thoughtful surprise!

As for the rest...the room was large, clean and had a comfortable bed with nice linens. It was quiet even full of runners and a college basketball team visiting the city. They have a fitness room but I never saw it. The breakfast was a great buffet with hot and cold options including lots of fruit.

So, this place anticipated my needs (late checkout, early breakfast), offered great amenities, and made for a comfortable choice that I would easily stay at again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo