“Nice Room For The Price”

Cabot Lodge Millsaps
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Room For The Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The neighborhood looked a bit older than the other locations. This location was good but I like the Cabot lodge that is located in the other part of town. The gentleman at the desk was not too friendly. The woman was so much more professional. The rooms were nice, but there was something beeping in my room during most of the night. I finally unplugged the phone in my room, & I did not hear the beeping noise anymore. The breakfast is the best part of the stay. They serve a full breakfast & it is really good.

Room Tip: Remember there are 2 cabot lodge locations in Jackson. I reserved my room at the wrong location. T...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are pleased that you gave us a favorable review even though you were probably disappointed that you booked at the wrong location.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the faint beeping noise in your room. Obviously you did find the cause of the beeping noise as when you unplugged the phone it stopped. I can tell you that we did have an issue with our telephone system and it is now working properly.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review and we would be most happy to serve you the next time you are in Jackson.

Ronnie Roe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Complimentary morning breakfast buffet, as well as complimentary afternoon drinks. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The place could use a bit of maintenance on peeling paint and cracked window panes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. I can tell you that we have ordered a window to replace the cracked one.

We do hope that when you are in our area again that you will allow us to be of service to you.

Little Rock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My room was nice, bathroom a bit small & took awhile for hot water to get hot in shower. I was woke up @7am Sunday morning to what sounded like a jackhammer. I made a comment to the staff and apparently I wasn't the only one to comment. the hammer stopped. Breakfast was good, they were in a temp area, since they are doing some repairs to AC & roof in regulart area. Staff was having problem keeping up with the all the dishes. I went thru the line 3 times & missed out on the bacon every time.

Room Tip: try not to get a room close to the constructin area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sherri H
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience of being awaken by the Roofers in the early morning. Also, since we were having to serve in the remote location it was a little difficult to keep the food replenished properly and I am sorry that you missed the Bacon.

We have finished that phase of work now and everything is back to normal.

We do hope that you will be back to visit soon.

Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Avoid having a Room close to the Construction site they work 24/7 even at Nights.Hotel is clean but is dark and Needs a major lift off.The lobby entrance looks like you entering the woods.The Breakfast is terrible lots of starchy sugary stuff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Simon M.

Thank you for sharing comments concerning your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps in Jackson, Mississippi.

Unfortunately during the time period of your visit we were trying to complete the last phase of Roof Replacement on the building and Roofers were trying to beat the heat and the afternoon rains by starting early. Actually they began before they were supposed to which was unfortunate for our hotel guests. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you suffered because of this.

I am puzzled by the comment on the Breakfast as we do offer a good variety of food including Fresh Fruit and yogurt as well as eggs and meat. However, We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My experience at Cabot Lodge Millsaps was not a pleasant one. Upon entering, the lobby looks decent but you can tell it's an old hotel. The room was ok but the bathroom is horribly tiny. You can tell by the bathroom that this hotel is really dated. There was little pressure for the toilet to flush. The main issue was a roach crawling on the bed!!! I went downstairs and talked to the person on duty and she switched my room. I wanted to leave but it was too late so I took the other room she assigned me. This room also had problems. I thought I dropped something out of my bag on the floor, as I approached to see what it was, it was a man's sock that obviously was not mine. That morning, I talked to the manager and told him my experience (in both rooms) and told him that I wanted to check out early (I initially had two nights booked). As I was waiting to talk to the manager, another couple was checking out and mentioned to the front desk person that they too had roaches in their room. I truly had an awful experience, a restless night and was not comfortable. I had family that was booked at that hotel as well and when I spoke of my experience, she cancelled her reservation. Needless to say, I will not be visiting that property again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Latisha F
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear MS Latisha F:

We are terribly sorry for the unfortunate experience you described in your review of our hotel. We do try very hard to prevent issues that you mentioned concerning the roaches. We do have regular pest control treatments however, it does still happen occasionally and we are very sorry that you did experience this.

As for the mans sock I can only tell you that I have used your comment to reinforce the housekeeping department to do a more thorough inspection of the guest rooms prior to departing the room when cleaning.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had read the reviews on your site and stayed at Cabot for a week while attending a seminar at Millsaps. The facilities were clean, housekeeping was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a lot of great choices. It was very close to the training site. The photos of the lobby and rooms accurately represent the hotel. It was neat, clean and updated. They offer a nice, complimentary Happy Hour with drinks and snacks. The room was a nice size and the bed was beyond comfortable, and the shower is to die for WOW. There was security monitoring in the parking lot and grounds all night. Thank you Sherrie room 340 was the best and so are you. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Cabot Lodge Millsaps and will plan to stay here again in future.

Room Tip: Room 340 was nice and you looked out over the pool. The AC worked wonderfully.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear RNPO3:

Thank you for sharing your very much appreciated comments on TripAdvisor concerning your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

If your travels should bring you to Jackson, Mississippi in the future we would be most happy to be of service to you.

York Beach, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Cabot for a week while attending a seminar at Millsaps. The facilities were clean, housekeeping was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a lot of great choices. The bad: the coffee at breakfast was so hot that when I accidentally spilled some on my hand and I gave myself a second-degree burn! The hotel is pretty far from downtown and a little pricey.

• Stayed July 2013
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear BristolTimeUSA:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are however sorry that you splashed coffee on your hand and we hope that you are OK.

If you have the occasion to visit in Jackson, Mississippi in the future we would love for you to allow us the opportunity to serve you again.