Comfort Inn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$104
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflesnice linensdirectly across the streetstate fairgroundsroom was cleansmall hoteldesk clerkwould definitely stay here againgreat roomstaff was very friendlyfree breakfastdowntown jacksoninterstatesofapillowscerealtruck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Well, I do travel a lot and have stayed in a lot of big chain nice hotels. I booked this one because it was close to my family for the holidays and the price was right. In all honesty I didn't expect a lot but when I got there the lobby was nice and clean. It was small but nice. I went up to my room expecting average but was pleasantly surprised. It was quite nice. It had brand new carpeting, a great 40 inch flat screen television with mostly every Direct TV station, a refrigerator, a microwave over and FREE wifi in the room. These things may sound standard but they really are not. I have been so some REALLY big chain hotels that have not offered these things or only one so I was quite impressed with the small Comfort Inn located in Jackson Mississippi with it. Now just a few things that could use tweaks in my opinion. Customer service at the desk. It wasn't bad or good. It just was. The employees there acted like they could care less about being there. I know it was the holidays but you do work in a service industry job. When I checked out I actually joked with the desk clerk there about not wanting to leave and she gave me a very dry stare. The second thing is I got a late start and asked if my room could be cleaned. I even left a tip on the pillow for housekeeping. To my shock and surprise my room hadn't been touched. So I had to clean up my own room. I thought that was a BIG miss! Lastly the the free breakfast was not bad. It had most of the things you would want at a breakfast. Waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, juice etc but it ended at 9:30am. I thought that was a bit early. When people go out of town they usually sleep in but I guess since the place is only two stories high they figure it's not worth the time. Overall I had a nice stay but if I could back I'll know that I can expect no friendly banter with customer service, my room may or may not be cleaned and I have to get up early to eat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Based on trip advisor reviews we detoured off of I-20 the few minutes it took to get to this hotel and were so glad we did. The hotel has been recently renovated. Our King room was amply sized with a sofabed. It was firm but comfortable. Pillows were nice and new. Sheets, carpet and furniture were clean & fresh. We were on the backside near the lobby & it was a very quiet evening. In room coffee was good. Strawberry swirl waffles for breakfast were pretty good. Sausage links were microwaved & could be skipped. Wifi great. Staff was very friendly. Great price. We would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

When we arrived, we found that Expedia (who we had booked through) had stuffed our booking up and we were booked for the previous night. The reception staff (Win, nice guy) waited patiently with us for over 20 minutes, called overseas numbers for us, and liaised with Expedia over the phone on our behalf until the mess was sorted. He was very helpful and ended up saving us some money on the booking fee through providing us useful information with no benefit of his own.
Room was clean, updated, comfortable, and spacious. Breakfast was included in the price and provided many fresh continental options.
Most impressively, we realised after checking out (while still in Jackson) that there was an issue with our NEXT hotel as well and, since we had no phone reception or internet access, we returned to Comfort Inn where Win VERY kindly gave us access to the wifi, computer, and phone until we had the problem sorted. The value of the price is well worth the room alone, but we are very grateful for the extended hospitality which went far beyond the fee we had paid.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My recent trip to Jackson, Ms. was made a lot more enjoyable due to location, well kept clean rooms of the recently built Comfort Inn. Located across from the Jackson fairgrounds it was very easy to a trade show I was attending. There was a minor problem with the shower and staff was quick to fix the issue. I've stayed in other motels in the area and find this motel to be the best for price, comfort, staff courteous and polite..prompt. I will stay at Comfort Inn again when in Jackson area for a show.

Room Tip: Rooms are easy to access thru front door
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel exceeds expectations for a Comfort Inn. It has been recently renovated; the rooms were spacious and well-appointed (our king room was almost suite-like, with a nice sofa-sitting room area). Convenient location near I-55 (across the street from the MS State Fairgrounds). Not much in walking distance but we found a great pub a short drive away. Staff was mostly great, although the guy we checked-in with in the evening was a bit diffident. Good WI_FI access, nice plentiful breakfast. We would definitely stay here if we pass through Jackson again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple