“Clean, comfy, great guest services!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Louisville, Kentucky
“Clean, comfy, great guest services!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Me and my husband went down to the jackson, MS with his brother and his wife and we had an absolute blast. Comfort Inn was a beautiful hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast in the morning was also very good.
Let's talk about cleanliness, it is very very clean hotel from the lobby to the guest room we had 2 room both rooms was very deeply clean, as soon as I went into bathroom I checked bath tub and toilet first thing I check at all the hires I'm staying in, and it was great.
Thank you comfort Inn, jackson, ms staff for making our stay wonderful. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
ComfortInn186, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you liked our accommodation. We are glad we were able to make your stay pleasant. We value your opinion and look forward to your future stay with us.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We picked this location because the previous reviews were so great. Boy was I disappointed. I booked room 207 which had two beds. One of the beds had dirty pillows (with foundation and smudges) which led me to believe the bed was not cleaned by housekeeping. The young lady at the front was extremely helpful and brought new pillowcases. The lid for the commode was also very dirty (with foundation and dirt) also. Finally, the air conditioner froze up using the auto setting with the thermostat. Luckily, I am married to an A/C guy. I had to set the fan on continuous to get it going again and then switched it back to the auto temperature setting. The person I was traveling with had the same issue with the unit in their room. Coincidence? I think not. Overall, it’s an okay hotel but I doubt I would book there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We strive to offer cleaner rooms and the best service to each guest. It is very disappointing to learn that this was not the case with your room. In this regards I have addressed this situation with our cleaning staff so similar situation doesn't happen again. We hope you take this as an isolated matter and would give us another chance and stay with us again on your next visit.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here on our way down to New Orleans. The hotel is easy to get to off of the interstate, but isn't great for being able to walk around. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel looked like it was newly opened or recently renovated and the lobby area was very nice.
Our room was adequate but wasn't great. The walls were all painted a strange violet color and the lamps had fluorescent bulbs, which was fine except that they were cool white instead of warm, which always casts an industrial glow on everything. The room just didn't have adequate light. The only mirror aside from the bathroom was the closet doors, but the weren't near any light source so I couldn't use them to put on makeup while my boyfriend was getting ready. The room also had a lot of nicks and dings, which was odd since it seemed to have been updated recently. That being said, the room served its purpose and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth R
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review about your experience with us. We’re thankful to have you as our guest and we hope to see you on your next visit!
Holly Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I enjoy my stay at this hotel every time I'm there. Some of the reasons are first of all the staff is friendly. the rooms are clean. The location for me is perfect. Recently renovated. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us again! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel. We know you have lots on your to-do list and we’re grateful you took the time to tell fellow travelers about us. We hope you have a need to come and stay with us again!
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel was clean and appeared to have new carpet and linens. The rooms are very small. You can tell this is an older hotel that has been renovated. The hotel is directly across the street from the fairgrounds. The hotel has an outdoor pool. There is a Taco Bell, Wendys in front of the hotel. I did not feel unsafe in this area of Jackson. However, if I were to return to this area I would likely stay in Ridgeland as it is a much newer and nicer area with lots of good restaurants and shopping. Pearl, MS would be my second choice. They have a nice newer looking outlet mall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Allstarbaseballmom
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. However it is disappointing to learn that you may not stay with us again and may stay in the surrounding cities. We like to earn your business again so we like to request you to please stay with us again. We are not in the cities you would like to stay in but we can assure you that we will continue to offer clean & comfortable rooms and excellent customer service that you have already experienced. We hope you stay with us again so we can get the opportunity to provide you with list of restaurant which offer great food which are located closer to our hotel.
Topeka, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Nice quiet location away from heavy traffic. Very pleasant front desk personnel. Room was nice and clean. Hot tub was not working, so if that is a requirement, see if it has been fixed before booking. Casino about 10 minutes away. Located about 3 blocks from I-55. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and other fellow travelers. We are glad your stay was pleasant with us. We hope you stay with us again when in the area.
Thank you very much!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

If you've got a broadband connection, you can verify the 'dreary location' by keying the address into Google Maps and snooping around a bit in street view. You'll find an animal clinic across the street and several fast food joints on nearby High Avenue.

I'll let street view do the explaining. 614 Monroe Street isn't Jackson at its best.

That said, I was entirely satisfied with my room and the hotel's accommodations, and certainly would return if circumstances bring me back to Jackson. The desk staffer was quite nice, spent several minutes hunting for a room likely to be quiet, and told me how to use the laundry facilities at the east end of the upstairs hall. My room had all the amenities a traveler might expect; I slept soundly on a comfortable bed, undisturbed by wayward noises. The buffet was generous. I didn't try the wi-fi.

PiggieMom's recent review mentioned a bug on the headboard. That made me think 'bedbug,' although PiggieMom doesn't say what type of bug it was. For what it's worth: I made an unusually thorough inspection with the flashlight app on my smartphone, and saw absolutely no indication of bedbug infestation.

Two advisories:

(*) There's an animal care clinic across Monroe Street from the hotel's west side rooms, and I heard a dog barking loudly there when I arrived. Light sleepers might want to avoid rooms on that side.

(*) I wouldn't want a room next to the elevator, either. It squeaked.

Room Tip: (*) There's an animal care clinic across Monroe Street from the hotel's west side rooms, and...