“A walk to coliseum”

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
B.R. , LA
“A walk to coliseum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Nice clean hotel. Not very large convenient to coliseum. You can walk and avoid traffic trying to exit. Right off interstate. The beds were comfortable and hotel had wi-fi. Not a lot of parking but also not a large hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
ComfortInn186, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to you stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
longview,tex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was running late and my wife called to request the upper floor, away from the elevator. The day hostess left a message for the night hostess, and our room was what we had requested. Jaquesia (sp) the night hostess, was super nice and had a great sense of humor. The room was large, clean, and well appointed. It also had a big TV, with a clear picture. A nice little refrigerator, microwave, kitchenette. We had a king bed, and there is a couch with table, too. The shower had lots of hot water with very good pressure. Nice bath towels. The breakfast had a good variety and it was hot. Eggs, sausage, ham, waffles, breads and cereals. Lots of milk and juice.

The parking lot is well lit.

The only thing I could think of that wasn't completely perfect, is the toilet paper is the el cheapo variety, and I really had to think hard to come up with that.

Stay here. You will be pleased.

Room Tip: Any. Nice, quiet hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank etexdiver
Dear Guest,

We are on cloud nine to learn that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for recognizing our staff effort. We hope to be of service again soon.

Thank you!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel recently remodeled as other reviews note. Everything looks good- although the repairs look like they were done "fast" so I wonder how long everything will look good. I'd pay close attention to recent reviews to gauge how things are holding up.

Pretty typical accommodations for a Comfort Inn- rooms decent sized, new flat panel TVs, mattresses, etc. Breakfast consisted of cereal, fruit, toast/bagels, waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausage, egg, ham, etc.

Didn't have any issues with dirty bedding as other reviews have noted but did overhear people at breakfast talking about that issue. Went back to our room and looked closer and did see some minor stains on the bedding.

Couple of minor issues with the room- slight smoke smell- may have been from the hallway. Also, deadbolt would not fully latch. Overall, it's what you'd expect for the price point.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for your recent visit with us. We are glad you liked our accommodation. Now that we have heard from few of our past guest including yourself, we have set up a process with our housekeeping staff for our bedding so our future guest doesn't have to experience the same issue you and some other travelers have. Thank you for pointing it out. Guest comments are helpful and are necessary for improvements. Please gives us opportunity again to be of service again. .

Best Regards,
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Me and my husband went down to the jackson, MS with his brother and his wife and we had an absolute blast. Comfort Inn was a beautiful hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast in the morning was also very good.
Let's talk about cleanliness, it is very very clean hotel from the lobby to the guest room we had 2 room both rooms was very deeply clean, as soon as I went into bathroom I checked bath tub and toilet first thing I check at all the hires I'm staying in, and it was great.
Thank you comfort Inn, jackson, ms staff for making our stay wonderful. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you liked our accommodation. We are glad we were able to make your stay pleasant. We value your opinion and look forward to your future stay with us.

Best Regards,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We picked this location because the previous reviews were so great. Boy was I disappointed. I booked room 207 which had two beds. One of the beds had dirty pillows (with foundation and smudges) which led me to believe the bed was not cleaned by housekeeping. The young lady at the front was extremely helpful and brought new pillowcases. The lid for the commode was also very dirty (with foundation and dirt) also. Finally, the air conditioner froze up using the auto setting with the thermostat. Luckily, I am married to an A/C guy. I had to set the fan on continuous to get it going again and then switched it back to the auto temperature setting. The person I was traveling with had the same issue with the unit in their room. Coincidence? I think not. Overall, it’s an okay hotel but I doubt I would book there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We strive to offer cleaner rooms and the best service to each guest. It is very disappointing to learn that this was not the case with your room. In this regards I have addressed this situation with our cleaning staff so similar situation doesn't happen again. We hope you take this as an isolated matter and would give us another chance and stay with us again on your next visit.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here on our way down to New Orleans. The hotel is easy to get to off of the interstate, but isn't great for being able to walk around. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel looked like it was newly opened or recently renovated and the lobby area was very nice.
Our room was adequate but wasn't great. The walls were all painted a strange violet color and the lamps had fluorescent bulbs, which was fine except that they were cool white instead of warm, which always casts an industrial glow on everything. The room just didn't have adequate light. The only mirror aside from the bathroom was the closet doors, but the weren't near any light source so I couldn't use them to put on makeup while my boyfriend was getting ready. The room also had a lot of nicks and dings, which was odd since it seemed to have been updated recently. That being said, the room served its purpose and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth R
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review about your experience with us. We’re thankful to have you as our guest and we hope to see you on your next visit!
Holly Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I enjoy my stay at this hotel every time I'm there. Some of the reasons are first of all the staff is friendly. the rooms are clean. The location for me is perfect. Recently renovated. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInn186, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us again! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel. We know you have lots on your to-do list and we’re grateful you took the time to tell fellow travelers about us. We hope you have a need to come and stay with us again!