“Close to Convention Center not the safest neighborhood.”

Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here cause it was really close to our convention. I was freaked when we drove up & the parking was gated. We have been told numerous times that the whole area is not safe. The inside was really nice & would stay here again if I had to come back. The only thing that disturbed me was my 4 yr old wanted more fruit loops at 9:05 & the lady said it's closed. I didn't need her help getting fruit loops out & then she made a smart remark. I was like omg this is so crazy. Overall the facility was great it was just customer service that was lacking.

• Stayed: January 2014
Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you so much in writing a review for us! First and foremost I would like to address our private parking situation. Our hotel is located walking distance to the MS Coliseum where some of the largest events in Mississippi take place. During these events parking is a huge issue where others try using our space for parking. This gate was installed to guarantee a parking spot for our guests. Our location is in fact very safe as we are located in a high traffic area right off Interstate 55.
Your issue encountered with my staff regarding breakfast is unacceptable. Our breakfast hours is from 6:00am-9:00am and even though you were a little late, my staff should have been more considerate of your needs. I have discussed this issue with my staff to make sure it doesn't happen again. In all, we truly care about our guests and our goal is to be the cleanest and one of the best hotels in Jackson, MS. We hope to see you again. Thank You.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was our 2nd stay and we continue to really like this hotel. The hotel smelled wonderful when we walked in. The staff is professional, helpful, and most gracious. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and spacious. The beds are great for a good night's sleep. Very Nice furniture in hotel with huge screen televisions. Breakfast is delicious with a variety of options to choose from. Highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Jackson, MS.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights and no room service.Only made the beds once. Never emptied the trash or bring fresh towels. The manager was suppose to get back with me on this problem and never did after several attempts to call him.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Kevin S
Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. Once again, as previously emailed to you, I apologize for not getting back to you soon enough as I had a family emergency and was out a few days. After my arrival to the hotel, I tried calling from the number on your reservation and left a message for you to get back to me on my mobile phone but never received a call. I discussed the issue with my head house keeper and was made aware that service was not needed everyday from your room. In addition, from you issues, we made some changes with housekeeping to make sure this doesn't happen again. As a manager, we take our reviews very seriously and truly thank you for your stay. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and the updates we have done in the last 3 years and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We were traveling home and selected this room by AAA recommendation. Was very surprised on how nice it was on the inside! Staff was very helpful, room was very clean on comfortable! Breakfast was included and very good!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank NanaM1946
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I do not usually write reviews but I will make this an exception. The lobby is amazing - haven't seen a lobby like this at any Best Western I've stayed at to date. The bed and bathrooms are something you'd find at a hilton. I will return at this hotel because of the incredible rooms and service.

• Stayed: October 2013
Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank You very much for your review. We appreciate your response and hope to see you soon! We truly care about you and all of our guests at Best Western Executive Inn - Thanks for making our day!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is the second time staying at this facility. We have to come down to the hospital every 6 months for check ups and this is where we stay. They have a great staff that is always willing to answer any question you might have and help with anything that you might need. Mrs. Rosalez was very nice, friendly, and helpful. Met the owner while I was there as well and he also is very nice. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are really comfortable! Loved everything about the hotel and will continue to stay here every time I have to come down here. A little side note though, STAY AWAY from the Waffle House in front because they are horrible. I couldn't write a review on them because it does not show up but I am warning you guys now.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving each and every one our guests to the fullest!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Unfortunately this hotel features horrible decor in the lobby and our room smelled of old smoke. The windows do not open so we tried to reduce the smell with the AC which did not do much. When we talked to the staff about the problem they told us all the rooms smell the same. Otherwise the place is quiet and in a decent location, but would definitely not recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple